5 Questions To Ask When Searching for Addiction Treatment
The National Institute on Drug Abuse released a book entitled, “Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What To Ask.” The book acts as a guideline for people looking for the right addiction treatment, and describes five questions to ask when searching for an addiction treatment program:
- Does your program use treatments backed by scientific evidence?
- Does your program tailor treatment to the needs of each patient?
- Does your program adapt treatment as the patient’s needs change?
- Is the duration of treatment sufficient?
- How do 12-step or similar recovery programs fit into your drug addiction treatment?
We couldn’t help but take these questions and apply them to one of our facilities to see how we stack up against the results. We asked Fredericka Kolade, CEO of Desert Hope – our latest addition to the American Addiction Centers family of facilities – to answer the same exact questions.
1. Does your program use treatments backed by scientific evidence?
Yes, all our therapists are licensed and follow Best Practices guidelines. Desert Hope offers evidenced-based clinical and medical programming and an integrated systemic approach to addiction and emotional/behavioral health issues. This is further exemplified through our evidence-based, peer-reviewed curriculum, “Embracing Change: Recovery for Life,” which provides the framework for didactic groups.
2. Does your program tailor treatment to the needs of each patient?
Absolutely! The probability of attaining and sustaining lifelong recovery substantially augments when treatment services are individualized and systemically integrated. Desert Hope maximizes this probability by tailoring each patient’s treatment plans and providing as many services as possible, so each patient can restore and balance his or her mind, body and spirit.
3. Does your program adapt treatment as the patient’s needs change?
Yes, we update treatment plans as new information is learned or needs change.
4. Is the duration of treatment sufficient?
Research shows that the longer a client can stay in treatment, the better the chance for recovery. For those who can commit to a longer program, we offer 90-day treatment programs.
5. How do 12-step or similar recovery programs fit into your drug addiction treatment?
Beautifully! Our program strongly focuses on the tranquility and enlightenment of the 12 steps through our own 12-step walk located on our campus. Patients take pride in their process by walking through the formation as they progress.
Well… it looks like we passed the test!
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent