Healthy Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Try this antioxidant and nutrient rich delicious dessert recipe on Valentine’s Day!
- 18-20 large fresh, strawberries
- 8-10 ounces (225 — 285 grams) of good quality, dark or bittersweet chocolate, rated 70%, chopped coarse
- Assorted decorative sprinkles, optional
- 3 ounces (85 grams) good quality white chocolate, optional for decorating
- Wash strawberries and allow them to dry totally and completely on a paper towel lined plate or tray. Ready another plate or tray with wax paper or parchment to hold the dipped berries. Set up a double boiler. Fill a 4-5 quart (liter) saucepan with a few inches of water. Bring to a strong simmer. Place the dark chocolate in a small to medium stainless steel bowl that will fit just inside of the pan. Place bowl inside of the pan and turn heat down to low. Melt chocolate slowly, stirring occasionally until smooth. Carefully holding a berry my the stem, dip and roll the berry in the melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off, then turn the berry upside down for a few seconds to set. Place the berry on the clean line tray. When berry has set for a minute, sprinkle with decorative sugar if desired. To decorate with white chocolate, melt the white chocolate and use a fork to drizzle lines on the berries, then drag a toothpick across the lines to create a pattern.
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent