Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad Recipe
We often blog about relapse prevention tips such as knowing when to seek help or how to avoid triggers (read the full article here). But we’d like to highlight one of those top 5 relapse prevention tips: Nutrition! Nutrition plays a big key in recovery. So to help you eat healthier, Mollie Perry, MS, RD, ACSM cPT at our FitRx facility gave us this recipe!
Watermelon, Feta & Mint Salad Recipe
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemons)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/8th seedless watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent