How to Find an In-Network Drug Rehab Center
It is an agreement between a particular rehab center and an insurance company that allows members with specific insurance pans to get discounted rates.
The alternative to in-network coverage is insurance providers or plans that are out-of-network, which can have higher out-of-pocket costs for individuals than using an in-network provider. Out-of-pocket fees refer to the costs individuals will pay for services themselves beyond monthly premiums and what insurance will cover. In-network drug rehab providers generally provide covered individuals with the lowest out-of-pocket costs for services.
Difference between Being In-Network and Out-of-Network
Steps for Determining In-Network Coverage for Rehab
Over 20 million Americans (over the age of 11) struggled with a substance use disorder in 2014, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). Drug abuse and addiction can be costly to individuals, families, and society, as the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) estimates that drug abuse costs the American people close to $200 billion every year in criminal justice costs, lost production in the workplace, and healthcare expenses. Drug rehab helps individuals to recover, and it is generally agreed that rehab costs less money in the long run than ongoing addiction.
Finding and using insurance to help pay for services can defray rehab costs. Below are some tips on how to find an in-network drug rehab center:
- Check individual insurance plans, and any documents explaining them, as these should indicate what providers are considered to be in-network for that plan.
- Go to the insurance company’s website or call the 24-hour hotline to check whether or not the chosen drug rehab center is considered in-network.
- Check with the drug rehab center, as most providers will have professional staff members on hand who can answer questions about insurance providers and which ones are considered in-network.
- Find out if the insurance plan requires a referral from a primary care physician before treatment can be provided in order to be covered by insurance.
- Determine if there will be copays (small amounts individuals are expected to cover at time of service), and if a deductible is expected to be reached before coverage kicks in. A deductible is the amount an individual must personally pay before the insurance company’s coverage kicks in.
Explore Drug Rehab Guides for Addiction & Mental Health
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent