Does UnitedHealth Group Insurance Cover a Drug Treatment Facility?
I have health insurance through UnitedHealth Group. Does it cover a drug treatment facility?
It might, depending on the plan you’ve purchased and the symptoms of addiction you’re facing. Contact the company either online or over the phone, and ask about what is and is not covered under your benefit plan. Or, consider choosing a treatment facility and asking the staffers there to call UnitedHealth for you. They may be able to get answers faster.
Table of Contents
A community-minded company that is both diverse and innovative, UnitedHealth Group is a forerunner in healthcare coverage in the United States.
As a company, UnitedHealth Group is technologically advanced and thinks on a global scale, while investing time and energy into the overall wellbeing of local communities. UnitedHealth Group wants to help make the world a better place by improving healthcare and healthcare coverage around the world and close to home.
Using UnitedHealth Group Insurance for Drug TreatmentA drug treatment program can enhance recovery and lower lifetime costs related to substance abuse for families, individuals, and society overall. A drug treatment program may use pharmacological and therapeutic methods in an outpatient or residential setting.
Medications may be used during medical detox to reduce withdrawal symptoms, drug cravings, and prevent relapse. Counseling and therapy sessions, as well as life skills training and educational methods, may be part of a treatment program as well as mental health services when necessary. Recovery services may include support groups, 12-Step meetings, and relapse prevention programs.
Group Insurance Plan Details
UnitedHealth Group offers a variety of insurance options and services, such as:
- Individual and family plans are available for those under the age of 64 through the UnitedHealth One program that insures close to 29 million people in the United States.
- Military members and veterans in the TRICARE West region may use UnitedHealth TRICARE
- Health and wellness information, tools, and resources are provided for UnitedHealth Group members through the Optum Health business model.
- Medicare-enhanced services are available for individuals over the age of 65 who wish to expand their federal Medicare coverage. They may enroll in a UnitedHealth Medicare Advantage plan or prescription drug plan.
- Individuals who qualify for Medicaid or other government healthcare programs may be eligible for the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
- Hospice and palliative care are available from UnitedHealth Group through the Optum Palliative and Hospice Care program designed to support individuals and families with serious or long-term illnesses.
UnitedHealth and Optum have a large network of behavioral health services to choose from, with over 130,000 facilities and clinicians providing a range of services including treatment for substance abuse. Coverage may be in the form of a healthcare savings account (HSA), or a traditional copay plan. An HSA can be set up by individuals or employers, and both may contribute tax-free funds to this account that can then pay for medical services. HSAs are usually an addition to health insurance plans.
Traditional copay health insurance plans require copays for most services, although preventative services may be covered without requiring a copay.
Most plans will have a deductible that individuals must reach before services are covered at a set percentage. Many plans may cover services at 80 percent, for example, after the deductible is met, meaning that individuals must pay a coinsurance rate of 20 percent. Annual maximum out-of-pocket expenses cap how much a person pays in annual medical expenses and services.
UnitedHealth Group may also offer catastrophic plans in certain coverage areas, which are plans with low and affordable monthly premiums and high deductibles. These plans may incur more out-of-pocket expenses, but they do have a safety net maximum amount for unexpected or big medical costs. Each plan is slightly different, depending on the level of coverage desired, monthly premiums paid, type of coverage, and coverage area.
Inpatient services for drug treatment programs covered by UnitedHealth Group insurance may be found by using the “Facility Search” tool on the website while outpatient clinicians may be found through the “Clinician Search” tool.
Explore Drug Rehab Guides for Addiction & Mental Health
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent