Rosemary and Thyme Chicken Recipe
This Rosemary and Thyme Bistro Chicken recipe seems perfect for a romantic dinner on this Valentine’s Day. Try it with garlic green beans and roasted red potatoes for a complete meal.
Rosemary and Thyme Bistro Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken leg quarters (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary,crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole garlic heads
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Loosen skin from thigh and leg by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine basil and next 5 ingredients (basil through pepper). Rub herb mixture under loosened skin. Place chicken on a broiler pan. Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic heads (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap each head separately in foil; place on broiler pan with chicken. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450° (do not remove chicken from oven). Bake 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180°. Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin.
Start The Admissions Process Now
Your 1-on-1 consultation and Insurance Verification are 100% Free
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call or chat now
We will never share your information with a third party without your explicit consent