Chief Executive Officer Mark Sawyer brings a strong business background and experience in driving clinical excellence in addiction treatment. Prior to joining American Addiction Centers, Sawyer served as CEO at Acadia Healthcare’s Twelve Oaks Recovery Center in Navarre, Fla. His prior experience in healthcare includes serving as controller, CFO and director of operations at Twelve Oaks Recovery Center. Under his leadership, the center made strides in client satisfaction, employee engagement and financial metrics, earning Acadia’s first Recovery Division Clinical Excellence Award in 2016.
Sawyer’s passion for addiction treatment involves his ability to support those working to help others. His role includes giving clinical and support staff a vision for doing their best work and providing the resources they need to do it. He works to push Oxford Treatment Center toward further clinical excellence and innovation in addiction care.
Credentials & Education
- BBA, Accounting and Tax, Auburn University
- CEO, Acadia Healthcare, Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
- Controller, Acadia Healthcare, Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
- CFO, Acadia Healthcare, Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
- Director of Operations, Acadia Healthcare, Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Management