- Recreation, such as horseback riding, swimming, and tennis
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Exercise facilities and programs
- Massage and other physical therapy
- Catered gourmet dining
- Concierge and room service
The small size of these facilities can allow for more personalized treatment, often by high-profile doctors and therapists. They may also provide holistic programs, offering treatments that consider not just the physical and mental aspects of treatment that are commonly covered, but the spiritual, environmental, nutritional, and emotional effects that can support a person through treatment and recovery.
These amenities can be very attractive to those who can afford them. They make the treatment process more pleasant. When money is of little concern, it can be very tempting to enter a program simply based on these offerings; however, there is more to consider when it comes to substance abuse treatment.