Jacquelyn Buffo, M.S., L.P.C., C.A.A.D.C.
Jacquelyn Buffo is a licensed professional counselor with experience and expertise in substance abuse and mental health issues. She received her master’s of science degree in mental health counseling from Capella University and is a certified advanced alcohol and drug counselor through the state of Michigan. She is also in the process of receiving her certification in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Jacquelyn has experience working with clients suffering from addiction and mental health issues on an in-home, residential, and outpatient basis. She has provided therapeutic services to pregnant women and mothers who were addicted to drugs and alcohol in a residential treatment program as well as clients in recovery from addiction who had received the Naltrexone implant.
Jacquelyn is currently practicing psychotherapy on an outpatient basis with adults and adolescents, many of whom suffer from addiction. She co-leads a DBT skills group for adolescents and their parents. She is also a mother of 2 and a freelance writer.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (L.P.C.) – State of Michigan
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (C.A.A.D.C.) – State of Michigan
- M.S. – Capella University, Minneapolis, MN – Mental Health Counseling
- B.A. – Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI – Dual Major: Language Arts and Elementary Education
- Effects of alcohol and drug addiction on the brain and on behavior
- Effects of addiction on family members
- Mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, walking the middle path, and interpersonal effectiveness skills – DBT
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction
- Impulsivity and problematic behaviors in adolescents
- Substance use and mood disorders (anxiety and depression)
- DUI & DWI Alcohol Treatment Programs
- Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment Centers Near Me
- Residential Alcohol Rehab: Program Benefits & What to Look For
- LSD Drug Effects and Health Risks
- Can You Get Fired for Going to Rehab?
- Heroin & Pregnancy: Effects of Heroin Use During Pregnancy
- Stimulant Abuse: Signs, Effects, and Treatment Options
- Geisinger Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
- QualCare Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Drug & Alcohol Rehab for Healthcare Professionals Near You