1199SEIU Funds Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Does 1199SEIU Fund Insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
1199SEIU Funds offers insurance coverage for behavioral health and drug and alcohol rehab treatment services to its eligible members. Coverage levels vary depending on your plan, but you can contact 1199SEIU Funds directly to learn more about your healthcare benefits. Here’s an overview of 1199SEIU Funds and available benefits related to addiction treatment.
How to Check Your 1199SEIU Fund Rehab Coverage
At American Addiction Centers (AAC), we offer treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring health issues. To learn more about AAC’s treatment options give us a call at , or you can verify your drug and alcohol rehab coverage by filling out the form below.
American Addiction Centers strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Checking Your 1199SEIU Fund Insurance Benefits
1199SEIU Funds makes it easy for members to check their healthcare coverage and benefits. The most convenient way to check your coverage is to sign up for My Account1—an online portal that allows you to view and manage your 1199SEIU Funds plan and personal information.
Alternately, you can check your benefits by calling the healthcare benefits line at (646) 473-9200 if you live in New York, or (800) 575-7771 if you live outside of New York. You may also visit the nearest member services center2 in your area or fill out the contact form3 on the 1199SEIU Funds website to inquire about your coverage and benefits.
About 1199 SEIU National Benefit Fund
1199 SEIU National Benefit Fund was formed in 1945 to provide basic health, disability, and life insurance benefits to 300 retail drugstore workers in New York City.4 1199SEIU Funds prides itself on being the strongest and largest labor-management funds in the U.S. and provides a wide range of comprehensive benefits to 400,000 working and retired workers in the healthcare industry and their families. Today,5 1199SEIU Funds serves members of 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East in New York and throughout the east coast and provides benefits including hospital, medical, dental, vision, prescription, and quality of life benefits.
Coverage Levels and Coverage Plans (Health Fund)
1199SEIU Funds members and retirees who are eligible for benefits can receive healthcare coverage through one of 6 benefit funds. Each fund has eligibility requirements and varying levels of benefits.
Here are summaries of available health plans from 1199SEIU Funds:6
- National Benefits Fund: Active members and retirees born before July 1, 1959 are eligible to receive medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits. Retirees must be at least 62 years old with 20 years of service.
- National Benefits Fund for Rochester Members: Members who live in the Rochester area receive medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits. Medical coverage is available through the Preferred Care network with minimal co-pays.7
- Greater New York Benefit Fund: Members who live in the Greater New York area receive medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits. Medical coverage provides access to more than 20,000 providers across New York City without referrals, out-of-pocket costs, or deductibles for covered services.8
- Greater New York Benefit Fund for New Jersey Members: Eligible members who live in Greater New York-New Jersey receive medical coverage through Aetna with minimal co-pays for certain services.9
- Home Care Benefit Fund: All eligible Home Attendant and Home Health Aide members can receive 1 of 2 health coverage plans through the 1199SEIU Home Care Benefit Fund.10
- Plan A: Member Choice Home Care Select Plan offers zero co-payments for medical services or medications in-network.
- Plan B: Panel Provider Plan offers minimal co-pays for certain services in-network.
- Licensed Practical Nurses Welfare Fund: This health plan offers only prescription, dental, and vision benefits, and does not offer medical benefits.
Does 1199SEIU Funds Cover Addiction Treatment?
Addiction treatment and behavioral health benefits from 1199SEIU Funds are available for eligible members in specific wage classes.11 Members in wage classes 1 and 2 with family coverage from 1199SEIU Funds receive behavioral health benefits, as well as members in wage class 3 with member-only coverage. If you are unsure of your wage class, check the front of your health services ID card, or visit the Wage and Eligibility Class page on 1199SEIU Funds’ website for an explanation.12 Full-time workers usually fall under wage class 1.
Behavioral health services covered by 1199SEIU Funds include:13
- Inpatient detox and rehab for substance use disorders.
- Intensive outpatient programs for substance use disorders and mental health.
- Outpatient programs for substance use disorders and mental health.
- Inpatient programs for substance use disorders and mental health.
- Partial hospitalization programs for mental health.
All inpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs require preauthorization to be covered by 1199SEIU Funds.
1199SEIU Funds is aware of the challenges associated with addiction and is devoted to helping its members find quality providers that offer substance abuse treatment. If you have 1199SEIU Funds insurance and need help fighting addiction, understand you may have several treatment options that can help you experience a safe, successful recovery.
Verify Your Insurance
Not Sure If You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Have You Signed Up for My Account?
- 1199SEIU Funds. Contact Us: Member Services Where You Work and Live.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Contact Us.
- 1199SEIU Funds. History and Accomplishments.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Who We Are.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Your Health Benefits.
- 1199SEIU Funds. National Benefit Fund for Rochester Members: Medical Benefit.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Greater New York Benefit Fund: Medical Benefit.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Greater New York Benefit Fund for New Jersey Members: Medical Benefit.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Home Care Benefit Fund: Medial Benefit.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Behavioral Health Benefit.
- 1199SEIU Funds. Wage and Eligibility Class.
- 1199SEIU Funds. 119SEIU National Benefit Fund: Health Benefit Overview.