AdCare Treatment Hospital (MA)
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center in Worcester, Massachusetts
Facility Highlights and Services
American Addiction Centers (AAC), a leading provider of addiction treatment services across the U.S. AAC works to make treatment accessible for everyone and offers free verification of insurance plan benefits to help you determine anticipated costs and coverage.
AAC accepts many insurance plans and can work with you on a manageable payment plan. Simply fill out the form below or call our admissions navigators to begin.
AdCare Treatment Hospital has provided patients with revolutionizing substance abuse treatment for over 45 years. Upon first acquiring AdCare systems, AAC cultivated a cohesive, comprehensive and continuous system of care at multiple locations throughout southern New England. AdCare Treatment Hospital accepts Medicaid, Medicare, commercial insurance and private pay patients. With an expert staff that’s equipped to handle a variety of of medical challenges, AdCare is proud to offer you an ideal first step on the road to recovery.
AdCare Hospital in Worcester, MA locations include:
- 107 Lincoln St., Worcester, MA
- 95 Lincoln St., Worcester, MA
- 88 Faunce Corner Rd., Dartmouth, MA
- 117 Park Ave., W. Springfield, MA
- 1419 Hancock St., Quincy, MA
- 400 Bald Hill Rd., Warwick, RI
In addition, AdCare has multiple outpatient locations:
AdCare Treatment Hospital provides a variety of services to our patients struggling with addiction, including (but not limited to):
- Individual Therapy Patients that participate in our daily treatment programs increase their understanding of addiction and themselves through individual therapy sessions. AdCare Treatment Hospital offers individual cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) sessions, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) sessions, and motivational interviewing (MI).
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) AdCare Treatment Hospital utilizes Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) alongside behavioral therapy to treat people suffering from substance use disorders. MAT may sometimes also be used to simultaneously manage pain.
- Specialized Treatment Tracks AdCare Treatment Hospital offers specialty treatment tracks for veterans, patients with co-occurring disorders, and more.
- Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorder Treatment Through medication and therapy, clinicians at AdCare can treat patients with co-occurring mental health disorders that may be contributing to their addiction.
- Veteran’s Affair Community Care Partner AdCare Treatment Hospital is a VA Community Care Partner, meaning that our treatment is typically covered by the VA. We work 1-on-1 with veterans assigned by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Local VA.
- Family Support and Therapy Therapists at AdCare Treatment Hospital hold and facilitate family therapy sessions for patients who prefer a family-integrated treatment approach. Additional family programming is available every first and third Saturday of the month, and families can visit patients on Sundays from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Group Therapy Group therapy sessions at AdCare Treatment Hospital separate patients by gender to allow for the utmost comfortability. Group therapy sessions generally last one hour and may occur multiple times a week in addition to other classes and activities. These sessions may address grief, cravings, coping skills, and more.
- Psychoeducational, Supportive, Expressive, & Alternative Therapies (Optional) AdCare offers a wide variety of alternative therapies, such as experiential therapy, 12-step meetings, art therapy, yoga, and meditation. These therapies can aid in creating a well-rounded care experience for all patients.
AdCare Treatment Hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts boasts three co-ed detox units, two with 26 beds and one with 24 beds, for a total of 76 detox beds. A client’s average stay in detox ranges from 5 days to a week, depending on the severity of the withdrawal symptoms and the substances they used. We provide 34 beds for our inpatient rehabilitation program.
Prior to admission, patients may complete an intake assessment over the phone. This will help their designated doctor and clinical team understand the patient’s substance abuse, medical conditions, psychiatric conditions, past treatment episodes and current medications. On the first full day they will meet with a counselor for an assessment.
Clinical staff bring meals to detoxification patients in their rooms. Rehab patients, on the other hand, go the cafeteria for their meals. Patients have meal options and the hospital can accommodate dietary restrictions. There is also a dietitian on staff.
Housing consists of 3 co-ed detox units. There are 2 people per room, and 2 rooms share a connected bathroom. Laundry machines are available on-site and daily housekeeping is provided.
Cellphones are not allowed and are locked up upon admission to AdCare Treatment Hospital. Computers, iPads or tablets, iPods, MP3 players or radios are also prohibited.
Individual family therapy sessions are arranged through patients’ designated therapist. Family therapy sessions help family members learn more about addiction and assist the family in addressing individual concerns as the patient prepares for discharge.
Family and Friends Support Group AdCare Hospital hosts a Friends and Family Night every Thursday for anyone with a loved one in treatment at AdCare Hospital. Friends and Family Night at AdCare Treatment Hospital exists for all loved ones of those in our care who would like to become more educated on the disease of addiction and receive support from other family members in similar positions. Facilitated by an experienced professional, this group is also open to the community. Meetings offer ongoing, therapeutic support in a group-mentoring setting.
Visiting Your Loved One
Individual family sessions may be arranged through the patient’s counselor. A Family Educational Program is also available for family members of patients in detox or rehab treatment, and is held every Saturday at 10 a.m. The family members participate in an hour-and-a-half educational session, followed by visiting and lunch from 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. A family wrap-up is available for those with loved ones in rehab only.
AdCare’s staff is comprised of the region’s most highly qualified physicians, nurses, clinicians, nurse practitioners, counselors, case managers, and placement professionals. Approximately 50% of AdCare Hospital’s direct patient care staff is in recovery themselves. AdCare Hospital has a counselor-to-patient ratio of 1:8 for optimal individualized patient care. AdCare is LGBTQI welcoming and has ASL and bilingual staff.
Our team is a great mix of physician, psychiatrist, NPs, RNs, LPNs, LCSW, MA, LCDP, PCDP, TAs nutritionist, acupuncturists, and recovery coaches.
Mohammad Alhabbal, MD, Medical Director
Mohammad Alhabbal, MD, Medical Director, is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM) and the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), as well as a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). A graduate of the Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria, Dr. Alhabbal completed his Family Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Hospitalist Division. Dr. Alhabbal is also a family practitioner at 200 Lincoln Street Primary Care in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The Joint Commission for Behavioral Health Care AdCare Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission for Behavioral Health Care, an internationally-recognized symbol of healthcare quality and the gold standard of care for the industry. This accreditation signifies that, through external, unbiased evaluation, we have met or exceeded The Joint Commission’s standards for providing addiction treatment for all of the levels of care offered at AdCare Hospital, including high acuity medical detox.
- Coronavirus Testing
- Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
- Safe Medical Detox
- Addiction Focused Healthcare
- Inpatient Residential
- PHP / Day Treatment
- IOP / Intensive Outpatient
- Telehealth Addiction Treatment
- Outpatient Therapy
Are you interested in treatment?
Our Programs and Services
Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
Safe Medical Detox
Addiction Focused Healthcare
PHP / Day Treatment
IOP / Intensive Outpatient
Telehealth Addiction Treatment
First Responders Services
Impaired Professionals Program
Chronic Mental Illness Treatment
Christian Recovery Program
Proven Addiction Therapies
Faith-based Recovery Program
SMART Recovery / Other Secular Groups
Art and/or Music Activities
Stress Management & Mindfulness
Sober Housing Available