Greenhouse Treatment Center: Grand Prairie, TX
Greenhouse provides quality care for co-occurring disorders in a luxurious treatment environment. Located in a former Neiman Marcus spa, Greenhouse provides a restorative, restful place to focus on your health and recovery. With amenities from an executive chef to an indoor pool, Greenhouse will exceed all your expectations of a drug and alcohol rehab.
Each treatment environment is going to be a little different—but Greenhouse’s setting of a former Nieman Marcus Spa makes it something truly unique and outstanding. Coming to residential treatment, especially from out of state, is just the first of many great risks that our patients undertake on their journey to recovery. This is why prospective patients and their families are welcome to tour the facility ahead of time and see for themselves Greenhouse’s luxurious accommodations. Depending on the time, prospective patients and their loved ones may meet the staff they will likely work with if they choose Greenhouse to get acquainted and ask questions. Tours are conducted in groups and individually, and they are conducted primarily by designated members of leadership. We do tours 7 days a week if needed, and we are flexible in terms of notification. Tours last on average about an hour.
Our admissions process is quick and easy and usually takes an hour or less to complete. Once you arrive at the airport, one of our behavioral health technicians in our in-house transportation department will meet you and help you every step of the way.
Delicious, healthy meals at Greenhouse are prepared by an executive chef who was previously the chef of the Neiman Marcus spa. Three meals a day are served buffet-style in the dining room at set times, but there is also a 24-hour juice bar where patients can get coffee, juice, milk, fruit, and other healthy snacks at any time of day. Accommodations are made for special diets if needed. Patients can meet with a registered dietitian on-site and have a custom meal plan developed.
Men and women reside on separate floors, and rooms for patients in detox are located separately from the rooms for patients in the residential treatment program. Most rooms house two patients, although there are a few single rooms. There is a laundry service, so patients do not have to wash their own clothes.
In their free time, patients can exercise in the fitness center, swim in the heated indoor or outdoor pool, relax in the hot tub, watch television in the lounge, get a massage or other spa services, experience acupuncture, unwind in the dry or wet sauna, walk in the 12-step garden, or just enjoy the soothing scenery around the facility. Patients can also participate in yoga, Pilates, Zumba, tai chi, physical fitness, or meditation groups.
On evenings and weekends, special activities and outings are planned that patients can participate in if they are interested. Events may include a cookout, a trip to a lake, or a sporting event. These types of fun activities help build a supportive community for patients and help replace substance use and abuse in their life. All of these activities are included in the program, except for massages and acupuncture, which come at an additional cost.
Because connectivity is so important, patients may bring and use their electronic devices at Greenhouse Treatment Center during free hours. We provide free Wi-Fi to all patients and guests.
Greenhouse Treatment Center is a drug and alcohol rehab facility in Grand Prairie, Texas. Greenhouse prides itself on its luxurious setting and high-end amenities, offered to all residential patients who come to the facility to start their path to recovery. Located in a former Neiman Marcus spa, our medical inpatient rehab provides its patients with indoor and outdoor pools, a fully-stocked fitness center with a proctored wellness program, and 3 meals a day crafted by an expert executive chef.
Individuals struggling with addiction who are also working as a licensed professional face a unique set of challenges in recovery. Greenhouse has a designated Licensed Professionals Treatment Program that offers doctors, pharmacists, dentists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, lawyers, and others working a licensed professional role, treatment for substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) uses medications along with therapy to treat substance use disorders, particularly opioid use disorders and alcohol use disorders. MAT may sometimes also be used to simultaneously manage pain.
Individual therapy sessions are typically one hour in duration and held at least weekly with the client’s primary therapist. A variety of different treatment modalities are used, including but not limited to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT).
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
EMDR is reserved for those who have been in treatment at Greenhouse for some time and who have physician and therapist approval that they are ready for this intensive level of work.
Family Support and Therapy
Our therapists will work with you to facilitate family therapy sessions. Additional family programming is available every first and third Saturday of the month. Families can visit on Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Group therapy sessions are one hour in length and occur 3-4 times a day, 7 days a week. This is in addition to other programmed classes and activities. All group sessions are separated by gender to address gender-specific issues that may be present within topics such as grief, trauma, and relationships.
Greenhouse offers a specialty treatment track for members of the LGBTQ community. There are also bilingual staff on call.
Psychoeducational, Supportive, Expressive, & Alternative Therapies
Additional treatment interventions are offered to therapeutically support your overall care and wellbeing.
- Experiential Therapy
- 12-Step Recovery
- Art Therapy
- Yoga and Meditation
Greenhouse is a strong proponent of the field known as pharmacogenetics, which uses the knowledge of an individual’s genetic makeup to inform what medications may be the best choice for them in treatment. Greenhouse utilizes AAC’s Addiction Labs of America to perform genetic tests within 24 hours and integrate the learnings from those tests into individualized treatment plans.
Veteran’s Affair Community Care Partner
Greenhouse Treatment Center is a VA Community Care Partner, meaning that we work 1-on-1 with veterans assigned by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Local VA to meet our patients’ needs.
Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders
Clinicians at Greenhouse are equipped to treat patients with co-occurring mental health disorders and may adjust medications or initiate new medications if needed. We have 3 psychiatrists and 2-3 psychiatric nurse practitioners on staff at all times, with groups providing integrative therapy on a daily basis.
Chronic Medical Conditions & Physical Challenges
Greenhouse is equipped to care for medically compromised patients and patients with significant physical health needs. We receive patients that were previously in the hospital and now are coming to Greenhouse to get treatment for their substance use disorder along with their medical condition.
Many staff members are in recovery, so they understand first-hand what it’s like to battle addiction and thrive in recovery. This gives the staff a level of compassion and empathy that is evident throughout the treatment process. A high staff-to-patient ratio helps optimize individualized patient care.
We also have 2 Spanish-speaking staff members to assist Spanish-speaking patients. Sign language and other languages are accommodated via translation service.
Greenhouse rehab center in Grand Prairie, TX is a leader in treatment for patients in the LGBTQ community. We offer programming that is not just sensitive to and considerate of these identities but that specializes in the specific set of challenges members of that community may face.
Tyler Harrell, CEO
In 2018, Tyler Harrell joined Greenhouse Treatment Center as its chief operating officer and transitioned to chief executive officer in late 2019. Harrell has more than 11 years of experience managing and administrating healthcare organizations. He is also a certified licensed professional counselor supervisor and licensed chemical dependency counselor. His clinical background combined with his years of leadership experience have been instrumental in his ability to provide clinical and operational oversight at Greenhouse that is focused on compassionate, quality patient care.
A member of the Texas Association of Addiction Professionals and the American College of Healthcare Executives, Harrell believes in a holistic approach to addiction treatment that involves treating the body and the mind. Harrell treats addiction with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and 12-step programming. Harrell’s passion for helping those struggling with the disease of addiction is ingrained in every aspect of his work.
Shahzad Allawala, M.D., Medical Director
Shahzad Allawala, M.D. is the medical director at Greenhouse Treatment Center. Dr. Allawala is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has more than 15 years of experience treating patients with psychiatric and substance abuse issues. He finished his early medical education from his hometown of Karachi, Pakistan and completed his post-graduate training at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, NY.
Dr. Allawala has extensive experience in treating dual diagnosed, substance abuse, and mental health clients. After his postgraduate training, he started his carrier in rural areas of Arkansas and then moved to private practice. He has extensive experience treating patients in inpatient, residential, day program, and outpatient settings. Dr. Allawala is Suboxone-certified and has been treating opioid addiction in outpatient settings for over 10 years.
Courtney Messina, Director of Clinical Services
Courtney Messina, MA, LPC, LCDC, serves as Greenhouse Treatment Center’s director of clinical services. Prior to joining Greenhouse Treatment Center, Messina worked with patients struggling with mental health conditions and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities. Messina has also worked with adolescents and adults who have co-occurring substance use and mental health conditions, and as a counselor treating patients in the criminal justice system.
Todd Garlington, Lead Therapist
Todd Garlington is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor with more than 10 years of clinical experience. Garlington’s passion for helping others achieve sobriety was ignited by his own struggles with addiction. Garlington relapsed after 20 years in recovery and, after completing treatment, began his counseling career. He has worked with a number of organizations, including law enforcement, where he helped those revived from an overdose to find treatment. Garlington’s passion for helping others was recognized when he was recognized as the 2019 Counselor of the Year by the Fort Worth chapter of the Texas Association of Addiction Professionals.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
CARF is an independent nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that various areas of healthcare treatment meet lofty standards. The standards, policies, and accreditation process are actively overseen by an elected board of 11 directors. CARF’s mission is to “promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served.” According to CARF, “Providers that meet our standards have demonstrated their commitment to being among the best available.”
Greenhouse recognizes that addiction affects not only the individual with the illness but their loved ones as well, and that having a strong support system is an integral part of recovery. To start healing those family relationships damaged by addiction, Greenhouse offers a family program on the first and third Saturday of every month and strongly encourages patients’ family members to participate.
Visiting Your Loved One
Family members can visit patients on Sundays between 10 a.m. and noon, but the family members must complete Greenhouse’s family program first. The family program is offered on the first and third Saturday of every month. Once family members complete the program once, they can visit patients on Sundays without attending the program again. This policy is to promote positive family interactions and make sure that family members are not a trigger or negative influence for the patient, as well as to provide the family with education about addiction. Family visitations are supervised but unstructured.
During your loved one’s treatment, we can work with you to plan a visit. Your loved one’s treatment team will provide you with all of the information you need to schedule your visit. Greenhouse Treatment Center is conveniently located just 30 minutes outside of Dallas in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Once you complete the detox process, your typical day in treatment will revolve around groups and classes. Treatment will vary according to the patient and the day, but the following is a sample of a typical schedule:
- 6:30 am–7:50 am: Breakfast
- 7 am–7:45 am: Personal time, homework
- 7:45 am–9 am: Recreational time to attend yoga, meditation, work out, or relax.
- 9 am–11:40 am: Groups
- 11:50 am–1:30 pm: Lunch/free time
- 1:30 pm–5 pm: Groups or educational classes
- 5 pm–7 pm: Dinner/free or recreational time
- 7 pm–8pm: AA or NA
- 8:30 pm–9:30 pm: Big Book study
- 10 pm–11 pm: Reading, homework, reflection
- 11 pm: Lights out
- We’re partners on the recovery journey with treatment designed specifically for you.
- Our programs at Greenhouse Treatment Center are specifically designed to address not only substance addiction but the root cause of the addiction as well as any co-occurring mental health disorders to increase your chances of long-term recovery. We won’t offer a cookie-cutter approach to your treatment; instead, we tailor our treatment to your needs and make adjustments as you progress in your recovery. Treatment and communication is confidential, and we work with YOU to find the best treatment plan and facility for your needs.
- We offer the optimal healing environment with a luxury feel.
- Our facility is located in a former Neiman Marcus spa, offering a luxurious experience complete with two pools, a sauna, jacuzzi, and executive chef in a relaxing, tranquil setting.
- We offer multiple levels of care personalized to your individual needs.
- Whether you need a medically supervised detoxification program to overcome the symptoms of withdrawal, are looking for a live-in inpatient or residential program, or are ready to step down to an outpatient setting, we have a program for you.
- We offer specialized tracks and programs because we realize that not everyone has the same exact needs.
- Specialized tracks include a Veterans & First Responders Program, a Program for Professionals, LGBTQ+ Support Programs, Christian and 12 Step Recovery Programs, and more.
- We offer a robust wellness program.
- Our wellness program has something for everyone. Comprehensive wellness program features a registered dietician, a gym, yoga, cardio equipment, Pilates, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, water aerobics, massage, acupuncture, and spirituality.
- We offer 24/7 medical monitoring during detox.
- You can rest assured that we take your safety extremely seriously. Our medical detox patients are medically monitored around-the-clock by a staff of registered nurses.
- Our staff is amazing!
- Many of our caring staff members have either experienced addiction or recovery themselves firsthand or from a loved one. Our staff members treat all patients with a genuine passion for helping them seek freedom from addiction. This is true of staff at Greenhouse and in our corporate offices across the U.S.
- All of our compassionate and experienced clinical staff have in-depth knowledge of addiction and mental illness. Areas of expertise include trauma, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), biosound therapy, experiential therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT).
- Previous patients review us as “the best”.
- We take our feedback to heart. We get feedback from each and every person that joins us at Greenhouse. Our clients give their own testimony at weekly completion ceremonies and regularly describe Greenhouse Treatment Center as a premier addiction treatment facility.
- Our high standards in providing quality care have afforded us various licenses and accreditations.
- Greenhouse is accredited or licensed by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the Texas Department of State Health Services, and is a Member of the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare.
- Alumni programs and ongoing support are priority.
- Led by a former client in recovery, our Alumni program offers weekly meetings in the Arlington, Texas area to help our alumni stay connected to a group of people who are motivated to stay sober and to provide ongoing support after treatment.
- We are located just a short drive away from Dallas proper.
- We offer effective & evidence based programs.
- We wouldn’t be as effective — 63% of our patients maintain sobriety at the 12 month mark — without the active and ongoing participation in our treatment, recovery, and alumni community from you and former patients just like you. Everyone contributes their experience and sometimes our clients even go on to work at Greenhouse or in other jobs in the addiction treatment industry. We are advocates of those in addiction coming together as a community. You make that possible.
- We believe in you, and we are here to help you and your family find new joy in recovery.
We regularly treat disorders related to the following substances:
- Prescription stimulants.
- Sleep aids/sedatives.
- Prescription drugs.
- Other substances.*
*We provide treatment for almost all substance use disorders. If you don’t see a particular substance listed here, contact our admissions navigators to confirm treatment availability.
The next steps to getting treatment include, reaching out, finalizing the plan, and getting to treatment.
- Step 1: Contact us at Or fill in our insurance verification form below and one of our caring admissions navigators will reach out to discuss your options at American Addiction Centers.
- Step 2: Talk with one of our navigators about your physical, mental, and financial situation so they can help you create a treatment plan and find the best placement for you. Our team will communicate with you to determine your treatment needs, discuss costs and insurance coverage, and help you set up travel to one of our rehab facilities.
- Step 3: Arrive and begin treatment.
Our Programs and Services
Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
Safe Medical Detox
Addiction Focused Healthcare
PHP / Day Treatment
IOP / Intensive Outpatient
Telehealth Addiction Treatment
First Responders Services
Chronic Mental Illness Treatment
Christian Recovery Program
Impaired Professionals Program
Proven Addiction Therapies
AA/NA & Faith-based Recovery Programs
SMART Recovery / Other Secular Groups
Art and/or Music Activities
Stress Management & Mindfulness
Sober Housing Available
In the event of a relapse at any time post-treatment, we will provide qualified individuals with up to 30 days of treatment at no cost to you.*
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.Learn More About Our Brand Promise
Greenhouse Treatment Center Reviews
Are You Interested in Treatment?
We accept various health insurance plans and can work with you on creating a manageable payment plan to fund your treatment stay at Greenhouse Treatment Center.
Simply fill out the form below or