Anthem Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
- Does Anthem Health Insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
- How to Check Anthem Coverage
- What is Anthem Insurance?
- Does Anthem Cover Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment?
- Does Anthem Cover Outpatient Rehab?
- Checking Your Anthem Insurance Coverage & Benefits
- Does Anthem Health Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment?
- Anthem Insurance Therapy Coverage
- Suboxone Doctors That Take Anthem
- Rehabs That Take Anthem: Verify Your Anthem Blue Cross Substance Abuse Coverage
Does Anthem Health Insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
Anthem Blue Cross drug and alcohol rehab coverage does typically cover drug and alcohol rehab, but the extent of coverage highly depends upon the particular patient and their insurance plan, as well as the provider at hand. American Addiction Centers (AAC) is in-network with many insurance companies, including Anthem at some of our facilities. AAC offers different levels of care across the U.S. Depending on the type of coverage you have and which state you live in, your addiction treatment could be covered.
How to Check Anthem Coverage
At American Addiction Centers (AAC), we offer treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring health issues to those with various Anthem health insurance plans. To learn more about AAC’s treatment options give us a call at , or you can verify your insurance by filling out the form below.
American Addiction Centers strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
What is Anthem Insurance?
Does Anthem Cover Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment?
Anthem Coverage Levels and Plans
Anthem coverage plans basically fall into 3 categories:2
- Bronze: This plan has the lowest monthly premiums, but the highest deductible and co-pays. About 60% of medical costs are paid by Anthem.
- Silver: This plan has monthly premiums that are higher than bronze, with a lower deductible and co-pays. About 70% of medical costs are paid by Anthem.
- Gold: This plan has the highest monthly premiums, but the lowest deductible. Co-pays are less than other plans, and about 80% of medical costs are paid by Anthem.
Anthem also works to provide Medicaid coverage plans in specific states including California, Indiana, Kentucky, Nevada, Virginia, and Wisconsin.3
Another benefit of Anthem is that you may be able to take advantage of the nationwide network of BCBS providers. Some people prefer to seek treatment in a facility outside of their home state. Anthem may offer coverage outside of the state, but there is an option called a guest membership as well. This allows eligible members to join an affiliated HMO in another area if they are staying there for 90 days or longer. If you have questions about eligibility or out-of-state coverage, you can call Anthem directly.
Does Anthem Cover Outpatient Rehab?
Checking Your Anthem Insurance Coverage & Benefits
If you have questions about your coverage and benefits, you can call the number on your insurance card and speak to a customer service representative. This representative can help you locate Anthem blue cross drug treatment centers and in-network therapists. As a customer, you can visit Anthem.com and create a profile where you can view your benefits information by clicking on “my plan” and then selecting “benefits.” Anthem also offers a tool to help estimate the costs of different treatments.4
Anthem BCBS provides benefits to more than 66% of federal employees, retirees, and family members who are covered under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP).5 Coverage is provided through BCBS’ 36 local member companies to make it easier to access care. There are 3 plans for federal employees or retirees to choose from:6
- Standard: This plan covers both in-network and out-of-network providers with a low deductible.
- Basic: This plan covers preferred providers and has no deductible, but out-of-pocket expenses consist mainly of co-pays.
- FEP Blue Focus: This is a newer plan that covers preferred providers and has a low deductible, with lower co-pays for care.
If you’re eligible for Medicare, Anthem also offers hospital, medical, and prescription coverage in a single plan.7 It’s convenient and affordable, with some plans having no premiums and providing benefits that Medicare doesn’t, like hearing, vision, and dental coverage.
Does Anthem Health Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment?
Your level of Anthem Blue Cross drug rehab coverage depends on your plan, and your plan may authorize only a specific amount of time in treatment, so it is important to check with Anthem to see what is covered. Checking your benefits through the member services website or calling the number on the back of your insurance card are the best ways to find out what services will be covered.
Anthem is a well-established provider of healthcare coverage that offers benefits not only in specific states, but access to a nationwide network of BCBS providers. They offer various plans and levels of coverage through employers, Medicaid, Medicare, and for current or retired federal employees. Checking your benefits can be done easily by contacting the company by telephone or through the member login website. While Anthem does offer coverage for addiction treatment, it’s best to confirm what your benefits will cover so that you can focus on your recovery.
Anthem Insurance Therapy Coverage
Suboxone Doctors That Take Anthem
Anthem often covers the cost of Suboxone, a medication commonly used to treat opioid addiction. Suboxone is considered a form of medication-assisted treatment (or MAT), and MAT is often used to help people lessen the severity of their withdrawal symptoms and curb cravings.
For one to be covered by their anthem insurance plan for the use of Suboxone, they may need to obtain pre-authorization for this treatment. Without insurance, the generic form of Suboxone may cost up to $200 for a 1-month supply.
Rehabs That Take Anthem: Verify Your Anthem Blue Cross Substance Abuse Coverage
- Anthem. Company History.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. What’s the difference between bronze, silver and gold plans?
- Anthem. Medicaid and State-Sponsored Programs.
- Anthem. Anthem Member Needs.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. About the Federal Employee Program (FEP).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. Your Options for Enrollment.
- Anthem. Medicare Advantage Plans: Part C.
- Anthem. Anthem’s Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Services.