Leah Miller, MHC
Leah Miller earned a certificate in chemical dependency counseling from Suffolk County Community College, and her Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from Hofstra University. Leah began working with substance use disorders through an internship and saw the need for integrated treatment for dually diagnosed clients.
Through schooling and beyond, Leah has worked with people with substance use disorders as well as severe mental illness, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, and personality disorders. Leah also works with families of clients to educate them about the diagnosis of their loved ones and how to help them work towards recovery. Through her work with American Addiction Centers, Leah strives to educate the public and reduce the stigma surrounding substance use disorders and mental illness.
- Benzodiazepine Addiction: Signs, Effects, and Treatment
- Ambien Addiction - Treatment, Signs and Risks
- Meth Addiction Treatment & Rehab Programs Near Me
- Prescription Drug Abuse & Addiction Treatment Near Me
- Anthem Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
- Suboxone Insurance Coverage & Cost Guide (With & Without Insurance)
- Substance Abuse Treatment Types & Therapy Programs Near Me
- Is Neurontin (Gabapentin) a Drug of Misuse?
- Lunesta Addiction: Effects, Withdrawal & Rehab Treatment
- Overdose Symptoms, Risks & Treatment