Scot Thomas, MD
Dr. Scot Thomas received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. During his medical studies, Dr. Thomas saw firsthand the multitude of lives impacted by struggles with substance use and addiction, motivating him to seek a clinical psychiatry preceptorship at the San Diego VA Hospital’s Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program.
In his post-graduate clinical work, Dr. Thomas later applied the tenets he learned to help guide his therapeutic approach with many patients in need of substance treatment. In his current capacity as Senior Medical Editor for American Addiction Centers, Dr. Thomas works to provide accurate, authoritative information to those seeking help for substance use and behavioral health issues.
- Treatment Programs for Addiction: Types & Options for Adults
- Benzodiazepine Addiction: Signs, Effects, and Treatment
- Ritalin Addiction: Signs, Effects, and Treatment
- Ativan Addiction: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Medications for Addiction Treatment
- Heroin Addiction Treatment & Rehab Centers Near Me
- Meth Addiction: Signs, Effects, and Treatment
- Suboxone: Uses, Side Effects & Addiction
- Drug Withdrawal Symptoms, Timelines & Treatment
- Xanax Withdrawal Symptoms, Timeline & Detox Treatment