New Jersey Drug Addiction & Abuse Hotlines
What Can I Expect From a New Jersey Drug Hotline?
NJ drug addiction services hotlines are staffed with trained advisors who will listen to your story, offer support, as well as individualized treatment options based on your needs. Many of our advisors have struggled with substance abuse or have been through recovery themselves firsthand, and are ready to help others start their own journey to recovery.
American Addiction Centers offers free and confidential guidance to those suffering from addiction. Call us today at .
You can expect your admissions navigator to listen to your story and ask questions regarding your needs, mental state, physical limitations, as well as other barriers to treatment.
How Do I Know I Should Call a New Jersey Addiction Hotline?
If you believe you or someone you love may be abusing drugs and are unsure whether you should call an NJ drug abuse hotline, there are a couple of common alcoholism and drug addiction questions you can ask yourself:
- Has drug or alcohol use become more frequent, serious, or is it causing issues? Have you began noticing symptoms of binge drinking?
- Have you or someone you love suggested they wanted to get sober and didn’t know where to start?
- Do you need help or advice on how to approach the topic of addiction and get them the help or resources they need?
- Have you or someone you love started to neglect responsibilities at school, work, or home in favor of substance use?
- Have you or someone you love started acting out of character, continuing to use despite reservations, relationship impacts, increased need to achieve the same feeling (tolerance), or mental/physical withdrawal symptoms that could indicate dependence?
- Some symptoms include: losing interest in favorite things, becoming messy/neglecting to bathe, change clothes, or brush teeth, cranky moods or mood swings, sleeping at strange hours, eating a lot more or less than usual.
If any of the above sounds familiar, a local 24/7 New Jersey drug addiction hotline can offer you the advice you need to begin finding help. We have also created an addiction self assessment if you are still unsure as to whether there is a drug abuse problem.
Can I Call an NJ Drug Treatment Hotline for Someone Else?
Yes, you can call a toll-free, confidential NJ drug treatment helplines on behalf of yourself or someone else. Our treatment advisors will walk you through approaching your loved one in a delicate way if you are calling for someone else. Addiction can take a heavy toll on all parties involved so taking the first step by calling a hotline can help you reach a little more peace of mind.
Where Can I Find Drug Rehab in New Jersey?
If you or a loved one are in need of immediate treatment near or in New Jersey, Sunrise House may be a treatment option close to home.
A treatment advisor may find that the best treatment may be farther from home. American Addiction Centers offers treatment across the U.S. Explore our drug rehab and detox centers by state below:
Find Rehab Treatment Centers Near You
Other Free NJ Hotlines & Resources
- Addiction Statistics
- Common Drug & Alcohol Withdrawal Timelines
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): 1-800-662-4357 – English/Spanish speaking counselors provide referrals to treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based services.
- National Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-8255 – Support to help those in crisis process their emotional distress and prevent suicide.
- Mental Health Cares: 1-866-202-HELP  – For mental health and behavioral health information and referrals.
- Call 2-1-1: [2-1-1] – A state of New Jersey specific information and referral hotline.