Matthew Berry is a freelance writer and editor based in Raleigh, N.C.
Matt earned his B.F.A. in Creative Writing with a minor in English Literature from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He is a published author, award-winning journalist and editor. For more than a decade, Matt has specialized in covering U.S. substance abuse policy, global recovery trends, and varying treatment modalities in the field of mental and behavioral health.
Matt believes that words are most meaningful when reminding others that they’re not alone.
- 5 Myths About Opioid Overdose
- 10 Sobriety Social Media Influencers
- National Suicide Prevention Month: Not Alone in 2020
- How College Students Can Cope With Isolation Without Substance Use
- Talk About Prescriptions Month
- Why is it a Good Idea to Seek Addiction Treatment During Thanksgiving
- Why Is It a Good Idea to Seek Treatment During Christmas
- The 3-Day Effect: How Reconnecting with Nature Can Aid Your Recovery
- When Is It Okay to Start Dating Again in Recovery?
- Keeping Fit, Healthy, and Sober this Winter