AAC’s VP of Human Capital Featured in HR Publication on Ways Employers Can Support Their Employees in Recovery
AAC’s VP of Human Capital, Tim Stein, who is also in long-term recovery himself, had a recent feature publish in HR.com.
An estimated 22 million people in the country are in recovery from addiction, so it is a completely plausible occurrence for an employer to have an employee in recovery. Because of this great possibility, Stein offered tips for employers on how to support employees who may be living a sober lifestyle. They include:
- Educate HR and employees about addiction.
- Establish substance use policies.
- Create an open-door culture.
- Provide time to attend meetings.
- Partner with an addiction treatment provider.
To read the rest of the tips and their benefits, visit HR.com.