AAC Exec Gives 5 Tips for Being Smart About Alcohol in the Workplace
AAC’s VP of Human Capital, Tim Stein, penned an op-ed on the growing rate in which alcohol is showing up in the workplace.
In the piece, he notes that one out of every 12 adults is suffering from an alcohol abuse or dependency issue, and more than 21 million people in the country struggle with addiction.
As someone in recovery himself, he offers tips to other company leaders on how to consider employees who may be struggling or those in recovery. They are:
- Don’t offer alcohol as a workplace reward
- Don’t incorporate alcohol into any mandatory workplace event
- Don’t make employees stay late to get the job done
- Don’t feed into the stigma of addiction
- Don’t keep your leadership team in the dark.
The entire piece can be read at All Business.