Rehabs in New Jersey That Accept United HealthCare Insurance
Check your insurance coverage
With the form below, we will confirm what benefits are available under your specific plan. Your information is confidential and protected under HIPAA privacy rules.
Does United HealthCare Cover Rehab in New Jersey?
United HealthCare (UHC) may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug and alcohol rehab in New Jersey. This will depend on your plan details, your location, and your chosen provider. UHC may partially cover detox services, inpatient or residential treatment, outpatient rehabilitation, and medication-assisted treatment.
In New Jersey, there were 2,780 reported drug overdose deaths from April 2020 to April 2021.1 If you or a loved one is battling with a substance use disorder (SUD), a rehab program can help in your recovery journey. American Addiction Centers’ (AACs’) Sunrise House Treatment Center is a local facility and is in-network with United HealthCare in New Jersey. Check your level of coverage with UHC for addiction treatment in New Jersey.
Verify New Jersey UHC Insurance Coverage
If you’re looking for rehab treatment in New Jersey and have United HealthCare, there are two ways to verify your coverage for drug or alcohol rehab.
- Call us today at where an admissions advisor can hear your story, walk you through your options, and verify your insurance over the phone.
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below.
Rehabs in New Jersey that Accept United Healthcare
About United HealthCare Insurance
United HealthCare (UHC) is the health benefits business of UnitedHealth Group, which also includes Optum insurance.2 UHC partners with over 1.3 million physicians and 6,500 hospitals nationwide, providing healthcare benefit programs to individuals, families, employers, as well as Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.2
What Substance Abuse Treatment does United HealthCare Insurance Cover?
United HealthCare insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of New Jersey. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detox – To ensure a patient’s safety, a professional detoxification program aim’s to medically stabilize patients and minimize the side effects of withdrawal.
- Residential or Inpatient Treatment – Individuals with more severe addictions who have been abusing drugs or alcohol for an extended period of time, may benefit from inpatient or residential treatment. A patient will receive 24-hour care in a structured environment and often take part in individual and group therapy sessions.
- Outpatient Rehab – If a person has work or school commitments, outpatient rehab is a good option as it allows them to continue with their day-to-day duties while receiving treatment for a certain number of hours per week. This form of treatment is also ideal for those who have less severe addictions and supportive home environments.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT consists of FDA-approved medications, such as methadone, used to help individuals recover from alcohol or opioid addiction.
Does New Jersey UHC Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
United HealthCare may cover co-occurring (dual diagnosis) disorder treatment in New Jersey under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
There are many rehab facilities in New Jersey, including Sunrise House Treatment Center, that offer co-occurring disorder treatment. If you have a substance use disorder (SUD) as well as a mental health disorder, it is important to seek treatment that addresses all conditions. Find out your level of coverage with UHC for rehab in NJ.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or outside the state of New Jersey.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
Rehabs That May Accept This Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.