Rehabs in Rhode Island That Accept United HealthCare Insurance
Check your insurance coverage
With the form below, we will confirm what benefits are available under your specific plan. Your information is confidential and protected under HIPAA privacy rules.
Does United HealthCare Cover Rehab in Rhode Island?
United HealthCare (UHC) may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of rehab for drug and alcohol abuse in Rhode Island. This will depend on your specific coverage plan and your chosen provider. UHC may partially cover the cost of medical detox, inpatient or residential treatment, outpatient rehab and medication-assisted treatment.
From May 2020 to May 2021, there were 412 reported drug overdose deaths in Rhode Island.1 If you or a loved one is battling with substance abuse, a rehab facility can provide the assistance you may need to achieve sobriety. American Addiction Centers (AAC) has a local facility, AdCare Rhode Island, and it is in-network with UHC insurance. Check your level of coverage with UHC to find out how much they may cover for addiction treatment.
Verify Rhode Island UHC Insurance Coverage
If you’re looking for rehab in RI and have United HeathCare (UHC) insurance, there are two ways to verify your coverage for drug or alcohol rehab.
- Call us today at where an admissions advisor can hear your story, walk you through your options, and verify your insurance over the phone.
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below.
Rehabs in Rhode Island that Accept United HealthCare
About United HealthCare Insurance
United HealthCare (UHC) is the health benefits business of UnitedHealth Group, which also includes Optum insurance.2 UHC partners with over 1.3 million physicians and 6,500 hospitals nationwide, providing healthcare benefit programs to individuals, families, employers, as well as Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.2
What Substance Abuse Treatment Does United HealthCare Insurance Cover?
United HealthCare (UHC) insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of Rhode Island. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detoxification – A professional detoxification program is medically supervised to safely manage withdrawal symptoms while the body rids itself of harmful substances.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Patients will stay and become a full-time resident at the treatment facility where they will receive targeted care from addiction specialists. In most cases, patients will participate in individual and/or group therapy sessions. Treatment lengths will vary depending on a patient’s treatment needs.
- Outpatient Rehab – A patient is not required to stay overnight in an outpatient program which allows them the freedom to continue with their day-to-day tasks. Treatment will include several therapeutic interventions and support services for a specific number of hours per week.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT consists of the use of FDA-approved medications, such as methadone or suboxone, to treat alcohol or opioid addiction. Behavioral treatment is another important component to this type of treatment.
Does Rhode Island UHC Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
United HealthCare (UHC) may cover co-occurring disorder treatment in RI, treatment of a substance use disorder (SUD), as well as mental health disorders under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
Many treatment centers, including AdCare Rhode Island, understand the importance of treating the whole person. They provide co-occurring disorder treatment. Check your level of coverage with UHC for co-occurring or dual diagnosis treatment.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or outside the state of RI.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
Rehabs That May Accept This Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.