AAC Remains Open and Committed to Providing Critical Addiction Treatment Amidst Coronavirus
AAC’s own lab will be conducting COVID-19 testing as an additional safety screening for patients admitted to its treatment centers across the country.
Who is eligible for the test?
All patients admitting to our facilities, current patients exhibiting symptoms and/or feeling sick.
A full list of the process, FAQ and information can be found here.
*Our testing is 100% confidential and we maintain strict HIPAA compliance.
Overview of Our Approach
- Overall Patient and Staff Safety: Each facility has been tasked with establishing a Health Protection Committee (HPC). The purpose of the HPC is to ensure hygiene and safety measures are consistently in place and being followed at each facility, ensure a coordinated company response to any concerns and establish protective protocols in the event that the health of our patients or employees may have been compromised as a result of COVID-19. The HPC works directly and daily with AAC’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Lawrence Weinstein to implement and enforce the most up-to-date procedures as the coronavirus information evolves.
- Admissions: AAC screens all patients prior to admission to determine personal travel history, potential exposure, potential contact with someone who has traveled to areas of concern, any direct contact by the patients with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, and any symptoms of illness. Those who screen positive will not be admitted to treatment. Those who screen negative will be eligible for admission.
- Staff Monitoring: AAC is committed to ensuring staff at our facilities are not infected with COVID-19 virus. Staff who have traveled to areas of concern, have been in contact with someone in these areas, have been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or shows any signs of illness are asked to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, which dictates 14 days of isolation with no symptoms from the time of contact.
- Facility Hygiene: We are maintaining our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting processes throughout the day along with regularly scheduled deep cleanings and encouraging staff and patients to practice strict hand hygiene and avoid skin to skin contact. We are also closely monitoring the health of our patients.
- Specialized Treatment: Our therapists have been trained on the effects of anxiety related to COVID-19 and are running groups at facilities to address concerns.
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself, Your Family and Your Community?
- The CDC recommends daily preventative actions to help reduce the spread of respiratory diseases including:
- Avoid unnecessary handshakes, hugs and kisses.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and stay away from others if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touches objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Our laboratory CEO Mark Calarco recommends the following immunity boosting measures:
- High doses of Vitamin D (10,000 units per day).
- Mushroom Complex supplements (for the immune system).
- Drink plenty of water and fluids.
An FDA approved PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test is available to those that are within driving distance of Addiction Labs. This test will determine if you have a current, active infection.
The testing location is 500 Wilson Pike Circle, Suite 320, Brentwood, TN, 37027
Please bring a face mask, photo ID and your insurance card. If you do not have insurance the lab will utilize a government provided portal for COVID-19 testing needs. Additional details will be provided upon booking your appointment.
Evolving Procedures and Policies
As information on the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are examining our procedures closely and updating our procedures and policies as necessary. We will remain open and look forward to continuing to provide critical addiction treatment and resources to the millions of people suffering from the disease of addiction.
American Addiction Centers is the leading provider for addiction treatment nationwide, specializing in evidence-based treatment and mental health care.
Call us today 888-966-8152