COVID-19 Drug & Alcohol Rehab Safety & Testing Guidelines
Substance Abuse Resources
- Virtual Meetings & Telehealth Options
- Text Help for Substance Abuse
- Call a Drug Abuse Helpline
- Learn About Our Rehab Centers
- See If Insurance Can Cover the Cost of Rehab
Amidst the global health crisis, AAC is strictly following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s recommendations. We are taking many proactive actions to protect our current and future patients and staff members during this global health pandemic. Learn more about our specific health care and vaccination policies below.
AAC Vaccination Policy Overview
Various vaccines are now available to prevent COVID-19 infections. Per the updated CDC guidelines, incoming patients who have been vaccinated may not have to quarantine in an AAC facility upon their admission. Patients will be asked about their vaccination status when they call our admissions center. People who have been vaccinated should bring their vaccination card with them to the AAC facility they will be entering upon admission, and present it to admissions staff members upon arrival.
This being said, people do not have to be vaccinated in order to receive treatment at an AAC treatment center. AAC’s own lab will also be conducting COVID-19 testing as an additional safety screening for patients admitted to its treatment centers across the country.
Call us today at There, an admissions navigator is available 24/7 to discuss treatment options, verify your insurance over the phone, or answer any questions you might have about treatment. Alternatively you can try our insurance verification form below to see if your insurance provider may be able to cover all or part of the cost of treatment.
AAC COVID-19 Testing Overview
All patients entering our facilities, including current patients exhibiting symptoms and who are feeling sick, are able to receive a COVID-19 test through Addiction Labs while they are in treatment. A full list of the process, FAQ and information can be found here. Our testing is 100% confidential and we maintain strict HIPAA compliance to protect the privacy of our patients.
The COVID-19 testing location is 500 Wilson Pike Circle, Suite 320, Brentwood, TN, 37027. Please bring a face mask, photo ID and your insurance card to get tested. If you do not have insurance the lab will utilize a government provided portal for COVID-19 testing needs. Additional details are provided below, and will be provided upon booking your COVID-19 testing appointment.
We are now offering rapid (same-day) COVID-19 testing for patients at the the following facilities.
Patients who receive a negative result will be able to enter treatment without a mandatory period of isolation.
Overview of Our Approach to Protecting Patients & Staff
- Overall Patient and Staff Safety: Each facility has been tasked with establishing a Health Protection Committee (HPC). The purpose of the HPC is to ensure hygiene and safety measures are consistently in place and being followed at each facility, ensure a coordinated company response to any concerns and establish protective protocols in the event that the health of our patients or employees may have been compromised as a result of COVID-19. The HPC works directly and daily with AAC’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Lawrence Weinstein to implement and enforce the most up-to-date procedures as the coronavirus information evolves.
- Admissions: AAC screens all patients prior to admission to determine personal travel history, potential exposure, potential contact with someone who has traveled to areas of concern, any direct contact by the patients with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, and any symptoms of illness. Those who screen positive will not be admitted to treatment. Those who screen negative will be eligible for admission.
- Staff Monitoring: AAC is committed to ensuring staff at our facilities are not infected with COVID-19 virus. Staff who have traveled to areas of concern, have been in contact with someone in these areas, have been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or shows any signs of illness are asked to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, which dictates 14 days of isolation with no symptoms from the time of contact.
- Facility Hygiene: We are maintaining our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting processes throughout the day along with regularly scheduled deep cleanings and encouraging staff and patients to practice strict hand hygiene and avoid skin to skin contact. We are also closely monitoring the health of our patients.
- Specialized Treatment: Our therapists have been trained on the effects of anxiety related to COVID-19 and are running groups at facilities to address concerns.
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself, Your Family and Your Community?
- The CDC recommends daily preventative actions to help reduce the spread of respiratory diseases including:
- Avoid unnecessary handshakes, hugs and kisses.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and stay away from others if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touches objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Our laboratory CEO Mark Calarco recommends the following immunity boosting measures:
- High doses of Vitamin D (10,000 units per day).
- Mushroom Complex supplements (for the immune system).
- Drink plenty of water and fluids.
An FDA approved PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test is available to those that are within driving distance of Addiction Labs. This test will determine if you have a current, active infection.
The testing location is 500 Wilson Pike Circle, Suite 320, Brentwood, TN, 37027
Please bring a face mask, photo ID and your insurance card. If you do not have insurance the lab will utilize a government provided portal for COVID-19 testing needs. Additional details will be provided upon booking your appointment.
COVID-19 Travel Regulations & Tips
A large number of people travel to receive proper drug and alcohol rehabilitation. To ensure that your trip to rehab is as safe as possible, follow some of the following COVID-19 travel tips and guidelines:
- Before traveling anywhere during the COVID-19 pandemic, make sure that the state or country you’re going to visit is allowing visitors. You may also wish to check your destination’s particular COVID-19 policies.
- Also before traveling, you may wish to get tested for COVID-19 (some airlines may also require this).
- According to the CDC, those who are traveling by bus, trains, and other forms of public transportation wear a mask at all times, even if you’re fully vaccinated.
- The CDC recommends that, when traveling by air, you wear a mask while traveling at all times and remain at least 6 feet away from other travelers while in the airport, if possible.
- If you’re flying, be sure to follow your airline’s specific COVID-19 guidelines in addition to the CDC’s guidelines.
- Avoid crowds and sanitize your hands frequently.
- After you travel, monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, and flu-like symptoms.
Evolving Procedures and Policies
As information on the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are examining our procedures closely and updating our procedures and policies as necessary. We will remain open and look forward to continuing to provide critical addiction treatment and resources to the millions of people suffering from the disease of addiction.
American Addiction Centers is the leading provider for addiction treatment nationwide, specializing in evidence-based treatment and mental health care.
Call us today