Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois For Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Check your BCBS of Illinois Rehab Coverage
With the form below, we will confirm what benefits are available under your specific plan. Your information is confidential and protected under HIPAA privacy rules.
- GRP: 123456-010-78910CHOICE POS II
- ID: W1234 56789 -012
- JANE DOE2
- MEMBER SERVICES1-800-123-4567
- PROVIDERS CALL1-800-123-4567
- 1Insurance Provider Name
- 2Policy Member’s Full Name
- 3Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Do Rehabs in Illinois Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)?
From April 2020 to April 2021, there were 3,521 reported drug overdose deaths in Illinois.² If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, it is important to seek treatment. There are many rehab facilities in and outside of the state of Illinois that may accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. BCBSIL may be able to cover at least some of the cost of medical detox, inpatient or intensive outpatient rehab, or more long-term residential treatment programs.
What Addiction Treatment Does BCBS of Illinois Cover?
Mental health issues or substance abuse is covered under behavioral health services.³ Depending on your plan, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois may partially cover the following rehab programs:
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Patients will stay at the rehabilitation facility 24/7 and attend one-on-one or group therapy sessions. This type of treatment is beneficial for individuals with more severe addictions as it gives them a chance to focus entirely on their sobriety.
- Outpatient Rehab – Patients will not stay overnight in an outpatient program and they can continue to go to work or school on a daily basis. Patients will attend therapy or treatment sessions at a rehab facility, hospital or mental health clinic for a specific number of hours per week.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – An IOP allows individuals to continue their daily routine but still receive intensive treatment. This program is ideal for those who have a supportive home environment. Generally, individuals will go to a treatment facility three to four times a week and it offers a higher level of care than the standard outpatient program.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT uses a combined approach, medications and behavioral therapies, to treat certain addictions. It aims to minimize cravings and hinder the rewarding properties of alcohol or opioid use.
It is important that you find a drug and alcohol rehab program or treatment facility that is right for you. This may require you to leave Illinois to receive substance abuse treatment but this should not stop you from getting the help you need.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorder treatment such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered. If you have a co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder, there are a range of individualized rehabs and treatment options available to you. They will focus on your individual needs and diagnoses to ensure your sobriety and mental health is managed.
Always check your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois rehab coverage to find out exactly what you will and will not be covered for.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or out of the state of Illinois.
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is located in Chicago, IL.¹ There are a range of different plans from Individual and Family Plans to Blue Cross Medicare and Medicaid.
Rehabs That May Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.