Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Check Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage for Rehab in Rhode Island
If you’re looking for rehab in Rhode Island and have BCBS insurance, contact an admission advisor at There, an admissions advisor can discuss your options, verify insurance coverage, and help you find treatment. You may also verify your insurance coverage instantly using the form below.
- GRP: 123456-010-78910CHOICE POS II
- ID: W1234 56789 -012
- JANE DOE2
- MEMBER SERVICES1-800-123-4567
- PROVIDERS CALL1-800-123-4567
- 1Insurance Provider Name
- 2Policy Member’s Full Name
- 3Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Do Rehabs in Rhode Island Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)?
There are many rehab centers in Rhode Island that may accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). BCBS is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island Headquarters is located in Providence, RI. BCBSRI may be able to cover at least some of the cost of medical detox, inpatient or outpatient rehab, or more long-term residential treatment programs.
American Addiction Center’s (AAC), AdCare Rhode Island, is a local inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center in North Kingstown, RI that may be able to accept BCBS Rhode Island. Sadly, there were 406 reported drug overdose deaths in Rhode Island from April 2020 to April 2021.1 If you or a loved one is battling with substance abuse, it is vital to find help from an addiction facility or rehab program. Finding out your level of rehabilitation coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island can give you peace of mind while you are in recovery for drug or alcohol addiction.
What Addiction Treatment Does BCBS of Rhode Island Cover?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island and their network of providers cover mental health and substance abuse disorders.2 There are a range of addiction rehab services that may be available to you but coverage will depend on your individual plan. BCBS of Rhode Island may partially cover:
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Patients will reside at the rehab facility 24/7 and receive care from a team of addiction professionals. This offers a highly structured and supportive environment where a patient can focus entirely on their sobriety.
- Outpatient Care – Outpatient rehab allows you to live at home or go to school while you receive treatment from clinics, mental health centers or counselors for a certain number of hours per week. The level of intensity will vary in an outpatient program and will depend on the severity of the patient’s substance use disorder (SUD) and their treatment objectives.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – If a person has family or work commitments, an IOP is generally recommended as they will still receive intensive treatment but will be able to continue with their daily routine. In an intensive outpatient program, a person can expect to attend individual or group therapy sessions for a specific number of hours per week.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)– A PHP is intended for individuals with more severe substance abuse disorders who have a supportive home environment. They offer a high level of care but allow a patient to live at home.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT uses a combination of methods, medication, and behavioral interventions to treat substance use disorders (SUDs). This type of treatment has helped to prevent relapse and to ensure patients focus on work or family responsibilities.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
BCBS of Rhode Island may cover co-occurring disorder or dual diagnosis treatment under mental or behavioral health services. A co-occurring disorder is when a person struggles with two or more mental or medical illnesses, including a substance use disorder (SUD). Depending on your insurance plan with Blue Cross Blue Shield, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or outside the state of Rhode Island.
AdCare Rhode Island is In-Network With BCBS Rhode Island
AdCare Rhode Island Treatment Hospital is a licensed and accredited facility offering a full continuum of addiction care options in Rhode Island. AdCare Rhode Island is fully equipped to treat those with co-occurring disorders, veterans, people in the LGBTQ community, first responders, and more.
Rehabs That May Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.