Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Check Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage for Rehab in Mississippi
If you have BCBS insurance, contact an admission advisor at in order to discuss your options, verify insurance coverage, and find treatment. You may also verify your insurance coverage instantly using the form below.
- GRP: 123456-010-78910CHOICE POS II
- ID: W1234 56789 -012
- JANE DOE2
- MEMBER SERVICES1-800-123-4567
- PROVIDERS CALL1-800-123-4567
- 1Insurance Provider Name
- 2Policy Member’s Full Name
- 3Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
What Addiction Treatment Does BCBS of Mississippi Cover?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi may be able to partially cover substance abuse treatment programs. Depending on your plan and level of coverage, your insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox – Detox is the process of getting rid of the harmful substances in your body. A professional drug detox program uses medications or therapies to help limit withdrawal symptoms and prevent potentially harmful side effects.
- Residential or Inpatient Treatment – Patients will stay at the treatment facility overnight and receive care 24/7. This is a more intensive form of treatment as patients are able to focus solely on their recovery.
- Outpatient Rehab Treatment – This type of addiction treatment is more flexible as it does not require you to stay overnight or live at the treatment facility. You can attend school or work and still receive an appropriate treatment intensity to support your recovery efforts.
- Medications – As you go through a rehab program, there are certain medications that may be used to help you manage withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you have for a certain substance.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Mississippi Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorder treatment such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered. Co-occurring disorder is sometimes referred to as dual diagnosis and is when a person struggles with substance abuse as well as a mental health issue.
If you have a co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder, BCBS of Mississippi may be able to partially cover your rehab treatment. Check what you will and will not be covered for when going into a treatment facility.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or outside the state of Mississippi.
Do Rehabs in Mississippi Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)?
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi (BCBSMS) Headquarters is located in Flowood, MS. BCBS of Mississippi may be able to cover at least some of the cost of medical detox, inpatient or outpatient rehab, or more long-term residential treatment programs. There are many substance abuse treatment centers in Mississippi that accept BCBS, but coverage will depend on the rehab facility and your insurance plan.
From April 2020 to April 2021, there were 620 reported drug overdose deaths in Mississippi.1 If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, it is important to seek help. American Addiction Center’s (AAC) Oxford Treatment Center, is a local Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center located in Etta, Mississippi that may be able to accept BCBS Mississippi. Check what you will and will not be covered for with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi before going into a treatment facility or rehab program.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Drug Overdose Data. (subject to ongoing updates).
Rehabs That May Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance
Oxford Treatment Center is In-Network With BCBS Mississippi
Oxford Treatment Center is a CARF accredited rehab center that provides drug and alcohol addiction treatment services such as detox, residential treatment, and outpatient programs to those suffering from addiction and other co-occurring disorders.