Florida Blue Rehab: Rehabs in Florida That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield
Check My Florida Blue Rehab Coverage
If you have BCBS insurance coverage in Florida, contact an admission advisor at There, our advisors can help you by discussing your options, verifying your insurance coverage, and find you treatment. You may also verify your insurance coverage instantly using the form below.
- GRP: 123456-010-78910CHOICE POS II
- ID: W1234 56789 -012
- JANE DOE2
- MEMBER SERVICES1-800-123-4567
- PROVIDERS CALL1-800-123-4567
- 1Insurance Provider Name
- 2Policy Member’s Full Name
- 3Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Does Florida Blue (Blue Cross Blue Shield) Cover Rehab?
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), branded Florida Blue in Florida, is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Generally, Blue Cross Blue Shield may be able to cover at least some of the cost of medical detox, inpatient or outpatient facilities, or more long-residential treatment programs.
American Addiction Center’s (AAC) River Oaks Treatment Center just outside of Tampa, Florida is a local drug and alcohol rehab center that may be able to accept Florida Blue insurance coverage. It is important to check your plan and level of coverage before attending a rehab program. This can help you understand exactly what you will and will not be covered for when getting substance abuse treatment.
Does Florida Blue Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorder treatment such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered. Co-occurring disorder is sometimes referred to as dual diagnosis and is similar in the way that it means a person struggles with a substance abuse problem as well as a mental health issue.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida may be able to partially cover co-occurring or dual diagnosis treatment. When looking at rehab centers, always check to see if they offer a treatment program that addresses existing mental health conditions as well as drug or alcohol addiction.
What Addiction Treatment Programs Does BCBS of Florida Cover?
Florida Blue may be able to partially cover substance abuse treatment programs. Depending on your plan and level of coverage, your insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox – Helps you safely go through the withdrawal process while you get rid of the harmful substances in your body. A medical detox uses medications or therapies to help you manage any potentially harmful side effects.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Patients will receive 24-hour care and support from professional addiction specialists. These programs aim to help patients develop capabilities so they remain sober after leaving the rehab center.
- Outpatient Rehab – A more flexible approach to treatment, outpatient rehab allows patients to live at home and carry on with their day-to-day duties. They are less intensive than inpatient rehabilitation but still allow for an appropriate treatment intensity to ensure a patient maintains sobriety.
- Medications – While a patient receives substance abuse treatment, certain medications like suboxone or methadone may be used to help manage withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings.
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Florida
Substance abuse is a problem across the United States. Seeking help for drug or alcohol addiction is important in order for you to achieve lasting sobriety and recovery. The following statistics show the severity of substance abuse in Florida:
- There are 6,903 deaths in a year relating to alcohol misuse.¹
- There are 5, 268 overdose deaths in a year.²
- 40.2% of opioid overdose deaths are related to prescription opioids.³
If you have Florida Blue insurance, find out exactly what your plan covers so you have peace of mind when you go into a drug or alcohol rehab program.
Rehabs That May Accept Florida Blue Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.