Rehabs in Rhode Island That Accept Cigna Insurance
Does Cigna Insurance Cover Rehab in Rhode Island?
Cigna health insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug and alcohol rehab in Rhode Island. This depends on your plan details and the level of care you need. Cigna may partially cover the cost of inpatient or residential treatment, detoxification, outpatient or intensive outpatient programs, and structured outpatient addiction programs.
Sadly, there were 412 reported drug overdose deaths in Rhode Island from May 2020 to May 2021.1 If you or someone you love struggles with addiction, a rehab program can help get you on the path lasting recovery.
American Addiction Centers’ (AAC) AdCare Rhode Island is in-network with Cigna insurance. Check your level of coverage with Cigna for substance use treatment.
Rehabs in Rhode Island that Accept Cigna
What Addiction Treatment Does Cigna Insurance Cover?
Cigna insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of Rhode Island. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detoxification – A professional detoxification program is medically supervised to safely manage withdrawal symptoms while the body rids itself of harmful substances.
- Residential or Inpatient Treatment – Patients stay at the treatment facility 24/7, allowing them to put distance between themselves and a potentially negative home environment while they receive a high level of care in order to achieve recovery from a SUD.
- Outpatient Rehab – A more flexible approach to treatment, outpatient programs don’t require patients to live at the rehab center. Thus, individuals may be able to continue to go to work or school. Treatment includes several therapeutic interventions to support an individual in their recovery journey.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – An IOP typically provides treatment for 9 to 20 hours per week. These programs offer intensive treatment, similar to an inpatient program, but still allow an individual to live at home or in a sober living facility.
- Structured Outpatient Addiction Programs (SOAP) – Similar to day treatment, SOAP consists of structured and clinically intensive substance use disorder services.
Does Cigna Rhode Island Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Cigna insurance may cover co-occurring disorder treatment under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may be at least partially covered.
Co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders are not uncommon, and AdCare Rhode Island provides co-occurring disorder treatment and is in-network with Cigna insurance.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance use self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance misuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
About Cigna Insurance
Cigna is a global health services company with 17 million global medical customers, Medicare Advantage plans in 16 states and Washington, D.C., and Medicare prescription drug plans in all 50 states.2 Cigna offers various “metal levels” of plans (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) that vary in premium costs and out-of-pocket expenses to suit your individualized needs. Any Marketplace plans cover the 10 essential health benefits defined by the Affordable Care Act, one of which is mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) services.3
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Drug Overdose Data. (subject to ongoing updates).
- Cigna. Company Profile.
- Cigna. Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Health Plans.