Rehabs in Rhode Island That Accept Cigna Insurance
Does Cigna Insurance Cover Rehab in Rhode Island?
Cigna health insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug and alcohol rehab in Rhode Island. This will depend on your plan details and the level of care you need. Cigna may partially cover the cost of inpatient or residential treatment, detoxification, outpatient or intensive outpatient programs, and partial hospitalization.
Sadly, there were 412 reported drug overdose deaths in Rhode Island from May 2020 to May 2021.1 If you or someone you care for is struggling with addiction, a rehab program can help get you on the path to sober living. American Addiction Centers’ (AACs’) AdCare Rhode Island is a local rehab facility and is in-network with Cigna insurance. Check your level of coverage with Cigna for substance abuse treatment in RI.
Rehabs in Rhode Island that Accept Cigna
What Addiction Treatment Does Cigna Insurance Cover?
Cigna insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of Rhode Island. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detoxification – A professional detoxification program is medically supervised to safely manage withdrawal symptoms while the body rids itself of harmful substances.
- Residential or Inpatient Treatment – Patients will stay at the treatment facility 24/7 and receive a high level of care in order to achieve recovery from a SUD. A benefit of this type of treatment is that it allows a patient to have some distance from their potentially negative home environment.
- Outpatient Rehab – A more flexible approach to treatment as a patient does not live at the rehab center and can continue to go to work or school. Treatment can take place in a variety of settings (e.g., rehab center, hospital, mental health clinic) and several therapeutic interventions will be used to support an individual in their recovery journey.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – An IOP typically provides treatment for between 9 and 20 hours per week. These programs offer intensive treatment, similar to an inpatient program, but still allow an individual to live at home.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – PHPs, also known as day treatment, offer a higher level of care than a standard outpatient program. Group therapy, family meetings, medical services and medication management are some of the services offered and treatment will be provided for at least 20 hours per week.
Does Cigna Rhode Island Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Cigna insurance may cover co-occurring (dual diagnosis) disorder treatment in RI under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
A co-occurring or dual diagnosis is when a person has one or more mental health disorders as well as a substance use disorder (SUD). AdCare Rhode Island provides co-occurring disorder treatment and is in-network with Cigna insurance.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone living in or outside the state of RI.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
About Cigna Insurance
Cigna is a global health services company with 17 million global medical customers, Medicare Advantage plans in 16 states and Washington, D.C., and Medicare prescription drug plans in all 50 states.2 Cigna offers various “metal levels” of plans (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) that vary in premium costs and out-of-pocket expenses to suit your individualized needs. Any Marketplace plans cover the 10 essential health benefits defined by the Affordable Care Act, one of which is mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) services.3
Rehabs That May Accept Cigna Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.