Rehabs in Massachusetts That Accept Cigna Insurance
Does Cigna Insurance Cover Rehab in Massachusetts?
Cigna insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of rehab for drug and alcohol abuse in Massachusetts. This will depend on your policy and the level of care you need. Cigna health insurance may partially cover the cost of residential or inpatient treatment, partial hospitalization programs, outpatient and intensive outpatient treatments, and detox services.
Sadly, there were 2,367 reported drug overdose deaths in Massachusetts from May 2020 to May 2021.1 If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction issues, a rehab center can provide the support and care you may need to recover from substance dependence. American Addiction Centers (AAC) has a local rehab facility, AdCare Treatment Hospital in MA, and it is in-network with Cigna insurance. Check your level of coverage for rehabilitation in Massachusetts.
Rehabs in Massachusetts that Accept Cigna
What Addiction Treatment Does Cigna Insurance Cover?
Cigna insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of Massachusetts. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox Services – A professional medical detoxification program will care for an individual while they detoxify their body of any substances in their system. The goal of this is to manage any potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – A patient will stay overnight and receive 24-hour care. The services offered are varied and can range from medical detox, individual therapy, family counseling, and more.
- Outpatient Rehab Treatment – A patient will receive treatment from a hospital, mental health clinic, or treatment facility while still living at home. The treatment delivered will depend upon the individual’s unique needs but may include individual or group counseling, education sessions, family therapy or medication-assisted treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – As the name suggests, IOPs deliver a higher level of care compared to standard outpatient programs. In general, a patient will visit the treatment facility 3 to 4 times per week, often for 3 hours each time.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – PHPs, also known as day treatment, provide at least 20 hours of treatment each week, and are ideal for those who need near-daily monitoring. It still allows patients to return home each night as they do not need 24-hour supervision.
Does Cigna Massachusetts Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Cigna may cover co-occurring or dual diagnosis treatment in MA, treatment of a substance use disorder (SUD) as well as mental health conditions under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
In order to make a full recovery, it is important that all your conditions are treated simultaneously. AdCare Treatment Hospital in Massachusetts is in-network with Cigna insurance and offers co-occurring disorder treatment.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
About Cigna Insurance
Cigna is a global health services company with 17 million global medical customers, Medicare Advantage plans in 16 states and Washington, D.C., and Medicare prescription drug plans in all 50 states.2 Cigna offers various “metal levels” of plans (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) that vary in premium costs and out-of-pocket expenses to suit your individualized needs. Any Marketplace plans cover the 10 essential health benefits defined by the Affordable Care Act, one of which is mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) services.3