Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Mississippi (MS)
Where is Treatment Located in Mississippi?
You can find Mississippi drug and alcohol treatment centers throughout this southern state and particularly near larger cities, such as Jackson, Southaven, Oxford, and Tupelo. With a total of 98 addiction rehab centers in Mississippi, you’ll have plenty of options.2
American Addiction Centers (AAC) operates residential treatment, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs, standard outpatient, sober living services, and medical detox in Mississippi. Our facility is conveniently located about an hour and a half from Memphis International Airport.
Address: 297 Co Rd 244, Etta, MS, 38627.
Our program comes with a 90-day brand promise. If you complete 90 days of treatment with us, you can return for a complimentary 30 days of treatment if you relapse.
What is the Cost of Rehab in Mississippi?
Most rehabs in Mississippi – 70% to be exact – accept some form of health insurance. Close to half of these treatment programs also accept Medicare and Medicaid plans.2 Almost all addiction treatment centers accept cash payments, and for those who do not have insurance or ready cash, 67% accept a sliding fee scale.2 There are also state funded and free rehab centers in Mississippi. AAC’s Oxford Treatment Center accepts many private insurance plans through large companies such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, and more.
Do Rehabs in Mississippi Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Whatever substance you are struggling with, drug treatment programs in Mississippi are designed to assist you in overcoming this problem. Among those admitted to rehab in Mississippi in 2015, the amount of people seeking treatment for addiction to specific substances were as follows:1
- 1,154 for marijuana.
- 801 for alcohol.
- 782 for meth.
- 740 for heroin and other opiates.
- 488 for cocaine.
The diverse range of substances treated at Mississippi rehabs indicates that this state is well-equipped to handle a wide range of drug issues. While some treatment centers may focus on treating one type of addiction or a certain population of those struggling with addiction, most will treat a wide range of populations and addictions.
Other Ways to Get Help & Mississippi Resources
These free resources and tools may assist you in your journey to sobriety:
- AAC’s National Drug Addiction Hotline – A toll-free, confidential helpline with an admissions advisor to discuss your treatment options.
- Alcoholics Anonymous in Mississippi—Find a meeting in Mississippi and get other information about AA in the state.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Area of Narcotics Anonymous—Locate meetings and other events in the Gulf Coast area of Mississippi that includes Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, D’Iberville, and surrounding areas.
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health Addictive Services Resource Directory, 2019—This guide contains a list of substance abuse programs certified by the state.
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health Hotline—A 24/7 service for people who need help finding mental health or substance abuse services in their area.
Common Mississippi Rehab Statistics
- A total of 4,823 people were admitted to substance abuse treatment centers in Mississippi in 2015.1
- Most people were admitted to rehab with marijuana as their primary addictive substance.1
- Of these admissions, just under 64% were male, and just over 36% were female.1
- The dominant age of people admitted to rehab in Mississippi was 25- to 29-years-old, with 30- to 34-year-olds a close second.1
- 5% of rehabs have outpatient facilities.2
- 3 % of outpatient rehabs offer methadone/buprenorphine maintenance or naltrexone treatment.2
- 7% of rehabs have residential (non-hospital) services.2
- 5% of these non-hospital facilities have short-term services, and 29.6% have long-term services.
- 3% of rehabs have hospital inpatient rehab services.2
Find Rehab in Mississippi
If you are searching for rehab in Mississippi, AAC’s Oxford House Treatment Center offers multiple levels of care to people struggling with every form of drug and alcohol addiction as well as mental health treatment options for those who struggle with co-occurring disorders alongside drug abuse. Be sure to call one of our admissions navigators at AAC today. Your admissions navigator will help you find the perfect rehab for your particular needs and situation in Mississippi (or elsewhere), and point you towards a multitude of free Mississippi-based resources, if you so wish.
Find Drug and Detox Treatment Centers Near You
- All Treatment Centers
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
Mississippi Rehab Frequently Asked Questions
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. (2017). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS): 2005-2015. State Admissions to Substance Abuse Treatment Services.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2018). National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services.
- World Travel Guide. (2021). Mississippi Weather, climate, and geography.
- State of Mississippi Judiciary. (2001). Intervention court.
- (2021). Mississippi laws and penalties.