Cigna Florida: Drug & Alcohol Rehabs in Florida That Accept Cigna
Do Rehabs in Florida Accept Cigna?
Cigna insurance is a worldwide health service company that, depending on your insurance plan, may provide coverage on services ranging from basic health checkups to substance use disorder treatments. There are a variety of drug or alcohol rehab centers in Florida that accept Cigna but coverage will ultimately depend on the facility you choose to attend and your specific policy.
Sadly, in Florida, there are 6,903 deaths in a year relating to alcohol misuse¹ and 40.2% of opioid deaths are related to prescription opioids.² If you’re struggling with substance abuse, it is important to seek help. American Addiction Center’s (AAC) River Oaks Treatment Center in Tampa is in-network with Cigna and may be able to cover some of your addiction treatment costs, depending on your plan.
Check my Cigna Insurance Coverage for Rehab in Florida
If you have Cigna insurance, contact an admission advisor at in order to discuss your options, verify insurance coverage, and find treatment. You may also verify your insurance coverage instantly using the form below.
What Addiction Treatments Does Cigna Cover?
Cigna covers a range of substance abuse treatments but keep in mind the level of coverage you receive will depend on your individual plan. Cigna may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Outpatient & Intensive Outpatient Programs – Outpatient rehab allows you to live at home or go to school while you receive treatment from clinics, mental health centers or counselors for a certain number of hours per week. Individuals receiving intensive outpatient treatment meet more regularly than in an outpatient program and this provides a higher level of care.
- Inpatient & Residential Rehab – Patients will reside at the facility and receive support for 24 hours a day. This allows a patient to focus solely on their recovery and be removed from potentially negative outside environments that may be inhibiting their sobriety.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) – This type of treatment program will allow you to live at home while you receive day treatment. This is intended for individuals with more severe substance abuse disorders who have a supportive home environment.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) – MAT consists of using medications and behavioral interventions to treat alcohol or opioid addiction.
Does Cigna Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment in FL?
Co-occurring disorder treatment (dual diagnosis) is treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment. It may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments and associated medications may at least be partially covered. If you’re struggling with co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder, it is important to seek integrated treatment which aims to treat mental illness and substance use disorder together.
There are many drug and alcohol rehab centers in Florida that will address co-occurring disorder. If you have insurance with Cigna, check what you will and will not be covered for when going into a rehab facility or treatment program.
- National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics. Alcohol Abuse Statistics.
- National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics. Opioid Epidemic: Addiction Statistics.