Rehabs in Florida That Accept Humana Insurance
Does Humana Cover Rehab in Florida?
Humana health insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug and alcohol rehab in Florida. This depends on the type of plan you have and many other important factors. Humana may partially cover detoxification, inpatient or residential treatment, outpatient rehab, and medication for addiction treatment.
Sadly, there were 7,630 reported drug overdose deaths in Florida from May 2020 to May 2021.1 If you or someone you love is battling with a substance use disorder (SUD), a rehab facility can provide the professional care you may need to recover from addiction.
American Addiction Centers’ (AAC) Recovery First Treatment Center in Hollywood, Florida is in-network with Humana health insurance. River Oaks Treatment Center near Tampa is also in-network with Humana. Check your level of coverage with Humana for rehabilitation in Florida.
Rehabs in Florida That Accept Humana
AAC has two rehab center options in Florida, both of which are in-network with Humana insurance. Learn more about them below.
What Substance Use Treatment Does Humana of Florida Cover?
Humana insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in Florida. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detox – Detox can take place in inpatient or outpatient facilities. It’s medically supervised to safely manage withdrawal symptoms while the body rids itself of harmful substances.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – A live-in program where healthcare workers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, inpatient or residential treatment offers a highly structured and supportive environment that the patient can use to aid the healing process.
- Outpatient Rehab Centers – The level of intensity varies in an outpatient program and depends on the severity of the patient’s SUD and their treatment objectives. In most cases, patients attend individual and group counseling sessions as well as several other therapeutic interventions.
- Medication for Addiction Treatment – Medications for addiction treatment as well as behavioral treatments help minimize cravings. This type of treatment may also be effective in preventing relapse and allowing patients to focus on work or family responsibilities.
Does Humana Florida Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Humana may cover co-occurring disorder treatment in Florida. Co-occurring programs refer to treatment that addresses substance use and mental health disorders, such as mood disorders, at the same time. Depending on your level of coverage, co-occurring disorder treatment may be at least partially covered.
If you have been diagnosed with a co-occurring disorder, it is ideal for both of your conditions—the substance use disorder (SUD) and the mental health condition—to be treated simultaneously. Both Recovery First and River Oaks Treatment Centers in Florida provide co-occurring disorder treatment and are in-network with Humana health insurance.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance use self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance misuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
About Humana Insurance
Humana is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Humana offers a variety of plans including Medicaid, Medicare, and various types of company medical plans.2 Humana also owns Humana Military, who contracts with the Department of Defense to administer the TRICARE program.3
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Drug Overdose Data. (subject to ongoing updates).
- Humana. Medical Insurance Plans.
- Humana. Humana Websites.