American Addiction Centers Announces Dr. Thomas Britton as New CEO
American Addiction Centers has announced the appointment of healthcare executive Dr. Thomas Britton as its new CEO, effective February 7, 2022. Britton, who is in long-term recovery himself, brings over 30 years of experience in behavioral healthcare, serving in both executive leadership and clinical roles. He joins AAC from one of the largest non-profit providers […]
We have been featured in...
American Addiction Centers in the News
Sampson Asumadu, pharmacist at AdCare Hospital of Worcester, was recently interviewed by Optum on facts about expired medication. The expiration date listed on medication is not like the expiration date on food items. Instead, the expiration date indicates the date at which the medication retains its full potency and safety. Over time, medications can degrade […]
In recognition of Alcohol Awareness Month, American Addiction Centers, a leading provider of substance use treatment, will be hosting a discussion series called Sober Thursdays: An AAC Chat throughout the month of April. Each Thursday, beginning April 7, a panel of treatment experts and frontline workers – many of whom are in recovery – will address some […]
AAC’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Lawrence Weinstein, was recently featured in a Newsweek article providing information on ways that people can limit or eliminate their alcohol consumption. Alcohol is a known link to the development of many health conditions, such as heart disease, blood pressure, anxiety, depression, psychological issues, dementia, and various cancers among many […]
Recovery First therapist Andy Ansola penned an op-ed for Blavity on strategies for treating addiction in the Black community. In his piece, Ansola illustrates the multiple contradictions that exist when it comes to Black communities and substance use disorder. “On one hand, substance use among African Americans is no worse than the general population […]
It is widely understood that the pandemic significantly increased alcohol consumption throughout the country, and a recent report on the JAMA network found that there has actually been a 25% increase in the rate of alcohol-related deaths. Additionally, transplants for alcohol-related liver disease have increased as have emergency room visits for alcohol-related issues. Though pandemic […]
- December 14, 2020American Addiction Centers Completes Financial Restructuring; Emerges with New Capital Structure and Positioned for Long-Term Growth
- November 12, 2019AAC Chief of Staff and Former Navy SEAL Featured in The Hill
- February 4, 2019American Addiction Centers’ New Docuseries Unveils the Realities of Recovery
- November 1, 2023Methamphetamine Awareness Day: Stats and Links to Promote Awareness
- October 27, 2023Razors in Halloween Candy? What about Drugs?
- October 25, 202310 Tips for a Merry, Sober, and Safe Holiday Season
- October 24, 2023Why Seek Addiction Treatment During Thanksgiving?
- October 19, 2023Recovery Reading List: 17 Best-Selling and/or Award-Winning Books on Addiction and Recovery