Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Riverside, CA
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Riverside, CA?
Considered part of the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario metropolitan area, Riverside, CA, has a population of roughly 320,000.2,3 As with any large metro areas, some Riverside residents struggle with substance misuse, and select substances have recently seen a significant increase in related deaths. For example, according to a press release from Riverside County—where the city is located—the number of alcohol-related deaths in the county nearly doubled between 2010 and 2020.4
While such statistics are heartbreaking, help is available via a host of treatment centers. In fact, California is home to more than 1,300 rehabs, including 395 within 50 miles of Riverside.1
Two leading evidence-based options near Riverside include the Laguna Treatment Hospital and Desert Hope Treatment Center, both of which are owned by the well-respected American Addiction Centers (AAC). Located just an hour southwest of Riverside in Aliso Viejo, CA, Laguna Treatment Hospital is a recovery hospital offering the highest-quality medical detox and 24/7 nursing care as well as a luxurious residential rehabilitation program with a wealth of amenities. Meanwhile, Desert Hope Treatment Center is situated in Las Vegas roughly 4 hours from Riverside, where it offers services ranging from medically assisted detox to sober living.
How Much Does it Cost to Go to Rehab in Riverside, CA?
No two people are alike, and no two care plans are identical, which means treatment costs vary dramatically. Additionally, several factors further affect the cost of rehab centers in Riverside. These factors include:
- Type of insurance coverage and tier level.
- Length of treatment.
- Level of care (e.g., inpatient care, partial hospitalization programs, outpatient, etc.).
- Facility pricing and amenities.
- Payment type (e.g., insurance, out of pocket).
Given these variables, it’s nearly impossible to provide accurate guidelines for how much people can expect to pay for treatment. That said, the easiest way to determine your costs at an AAC facility is to verify your insurance benefits and/or talk to an admissions navigator. Offering 24/7 assistance and confidential support at , admissions navigators can not only discuss pricing, payment options, and insurance but also answer treatment questions.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Riverside, CA?
Insurance coverage for Riverside drug and alcohol rehab varies depending on your specific plan and tier level. However, you can generally count on at least some level of substance use disorder coverage due to federal regulations such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA). These acts basically prevent insurance providers from providing less satisfactory benefits for mental health or substance use disorders than traditional medical benefits.5,6
California rehab facilities accept a variety of payment options. The following are accepted at the respective number of facilities within 50 miles of Riverside:1
- Private health insurance: 285.
- Federal military insurance (Tricare): 150.
- Medicare: 68.
- Medicaid: 147.
- Federal or government funding for treatment: 144.
- State-financed insurance other than Medicaid: 119.
- Indian Health Service (IHS)/Tribal/Urban funds through the Indian Health Service: 74.
To provide some perspective on just how many types of insurance a typical facility will accept, consider Laguna Treatment Hospital. The facility is in-network with a host of insurance providers including:
- Carelon Behavioral Health (formerly Beacon).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Employer Health Network.
- First Health.
- Halcyon Behavioral.
- Kaiser Permanente.
- Molina Healthcare.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Riverside, CA
Multiple treatment options are available to meet the unique needs of each individual. While healthcare and addiction professionals can help to determine the level of care that’s most appropriate for you, the following info provides some insight into the various treatment options: 7
- Medically assisted detox. Offered in both inpatient and outpatient programs, detox ensures that patients remain as safe and as comfortable as possible during withdrawal.
- Inpatient treatment. Patients live at a treatment facility where they have access to 24-hour care and support.
- Outpatient treatment. Outpatient care, where patients live at home instead of at a facility, is less intensive than inpatient treatment. But it can include many of the same types of therapies as inpatient care.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). A form of outpatient care, IOPs are more intense than traditional outpatient care and slightly less intense than inpatient care. Again, similar therapies are employed.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). Often referred to as day treatment, PHPs are the most intense form of outpatient care. PHPs allow patients to live at home, but patients attend several hours of treatment multiple days per week.
- Aftercare and sober living. Aftercare comprises ongoing care such as sober living, 12-step programs, and continuing outpatient therapy. Most addiction professionals recommend some form of aftercare following inpatient and/or outpatient treatment.
- Telehealth. Many facilities offer telehealth treatment as a supplement to outpatient care.
Within 50 miles of Riverside, you should be able to find any kind of treatment you need. Here’s a list of some of the options and the respective number of facilities near Riverside:1
- Detox: 174.
- Inpatient: 212.
- Outpatient: 216.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): 159.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): 99.
- Telehealth: 291.
How to Pay for Rehabs in Riverside, CA
Paying for rehab in Riverside doesn’t need to be complicated. The most direct way to find out what options you have is to contact a treatment center and inquire about what it accepts. If you’d like to consider an American Addiction Centers facility, an admissions navigator at can not only verify your insurance but discuss various payment options at any of its facilities throughout the country.
Generally speaking, payment options include:
- Payment plans/financing.
- Sliding fee scales.
- Free or low-cost publicly funded programs.
Payment options abound at rehabs near Riverside. Here are some options and the respective number of facilities that accept them near Riverside:1
- Cash/self-payment: 351.
- Payment assistance: 77.
- Sliding fee scales: 137.
- Block grants (via the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): 66.
What Addictions Are Treated in Riverside Rehabs?
For those dealing with mental health and substance use disorders simultaneously, the Riverside area has 241 facilities offering co-occurring disorder treatment.1 Common among those struggling with substance use disorders (SUDs), co-occurring disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that exist in conjunction with SUDs.8 Both Laguna Treatment Hospital and Desert Hope Treatment Center provide co-occurring disorder treatment.
How to Find Rehab Centers in Riverside, CA
Along with the Laguna Treatment Hospital and nearby Desert Hope Treatment Center, a host of options can be found via FindTreatment.gov. Once you identify a few options, it helps to talk to a few facility reps to compare their offerings. There are a host of factors to consider when choosing a rehab provider, but the following questions can help guide your conversations:
- What licensing and accreditations does the facility hold?
- What insurance does it accept, and what other forms of payment are accepted?
- What levels of care does it provide?
- What amenities does the facility offer?
- Does it treat for co-occurring disorders (if applicable)?
If you’d like to inquire about the AAC facilities, reach out to our admissions navigators at for a confidential conversation any time of day or night. Take your first step toward recovery today.