Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Pomona, CA
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Pomona, CA?
Situated in Los Angeles County and roughly 30 miles outside of the city of Los Angeles, Pomona is home to more than 150,000 residents.2 As is the case in most urban areas, however, many residents struggle with substance misuse, and overdose deaths for several substances are on the rise.
Data from the Los Angeles County Public Health Department illustrates this trend for several key substances. Figures represent the number of overdose deaths in LA county in 2018 versus 2021.3
- Opioid: 606 (2018); 1,871 (2021).
- Fentanyl: 248 (2018); 1,629 (2021).
- Methamphetamine: 625 (2018); 1,662 (2021).
- Cocaine: 265 (2018); 546 (2021).
Despite these distressing statistics, treatment is available via a host of rehab facilities. In fact, California is home to roughly 1,300 rehabs, including 144 within 25 miles of Pomona.1
One highly acclaimed and fully accredited rehab facility is just 45 minutes from downtown Pomona. Owned by American Addiction Centers, Laguna Treatment Hospital in Aliso Viejo offers top-tier addiction treatment, including inpatient rehab and detox, co-occurring disorders care, Veterans programs, and more. The facility provides 24/7 nursing care as well as a luxurious residential rehabilitation program with a wealth of amenities.
How Much Does It Cost to Go to Rehab in Pomona, CA?
Substance use disorder treatment isn’t a cookie-cutter solution. Thus, each person—and therefore each treatment plan—is unique. That means costs vary according to the needs and wants of each individual. However, several factors influence how much you’ll pay for rehab in Pomona, CA. Some of these factors include:
- Level of care. The level of care plays a significant role in costs. For example, inpatient care costs considerably more than outpatient treatment simply because patients live in the rehab center 24/7 during treatment.
- Amenities. Treatment facilities come in all shapes and sizes. An inpatient care center may offer luxury amenities such as a gym, swimming pool, and private suites, which typically cost more than treatment programs with minimal amenities.
- Location. Overhead costs for staff and operating expenses vary according to region. Thus, location plays a role in the fees each facility charges.
- Type of insurance coverage and tier level. Insurance plans and coverage vary significantly. So if you have insurance, you may pay deductibles, co-pays, etc., and some services may be covered while others are not.
- Length of treatment. The longer the treatment duration, the more it will usually cost.
- Payment type (e.g., insurance versus out of pocket). As described below, a host of payment options are available. The amount you pay out of pocket is influenced by the type of payment you provide.
Clearly, then, it’s difficult to provide accurate guidelines for how much the average person will pay for substance use disorder treatment. However, it’s easy to determine your costs at an American Addiction Centers facility. Admissions navigators at can not only verify your insurance and review various payment options, but also discuss treatment solutions, pricing, and more.
Keep in mind, costs don’t need to be a barrier to treatment. Many facilities offer financing options and/or sliding-fee scales. Learn more about payment options below.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Pomona, CA?
The Affordable Care Act (ACC) requires most health insurance companies to provide essential services, including substance use disorder treatment.4 This covers both employer-sponsored group plans and those purchased via the healthcare marketplace.
Additionally, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) states that health plans cannot impose unreasonable limits on these services. In effect, the law prohibits insurance providers from making treatment so expensive that policy holders cannot afford it.5
Thanks to these two laws, almost all healthcare insurance policies cover treatment for substance use disorders at least to some degree. How much they pay toward the expense depends on the coverage provided in the policy.
Also note that some plans require you to use an in-network facility for your treatment. If you choose to go out-of-network, you may have to pay a larger percentage of the expenses.
A variety of health insurance types are accepted by various facilities. The following insurance-related payment options are accepted at the respective number of facilities within 25 miles of Pomona:1
- Private health insurance: 101.
- Medicare: 33.
- Medicaid: 69.
- Federal military insurance (Tricare): 36.
- State-financed insurance other than Medicaid: 42.
- Indian Health Service (IHS)/Tribal/Urban funds through the Indian Health Service: 18.
To illustrate just how many types of insurance a typical facility will accept, consider Laguna Treatment Hospital. The facility is in-network with a host of insurance providers including:
- Carelon Behavioral Health (formerly Beacon).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Anthem.
- Employers Health Network.
- First Health.
- Halcyon Behavioral
- Kaiser Permanente.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Pomona, CA
To meet the unique needs of each individual, a variety of treatment options are available in California. Healthcare and addiction professionals can help you determine the level of care that’s right for you. However, the following treatment types provide a broad overview of what’s available:6
- Medically assisted detox. Often the first step in the rehab process, detox ensures patients remain as safe and as comfortable as possible during the withdrawal process. Depending on the facility, detox may be offered in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Inpatient treatment. Inpatient care provides 24/7 supervision and various forms of treatment in a live-in environment.
- Outpatient treatment. Generally less expensive and less intense than inpatient care, outpatient treatment allows patients to live at home instead of at a facility.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). IOPs are a type of outpatient care. Treatment involves many of the same therapies included in inpatient care, just at a lower intensity.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). Sometimes called day treatment, PHPs are the most intense form of outpatient care. While patients live at home, they participate in several hours of treatment multiple days per week.
- Aftercare and sober living. Aftercare follows a more intensive form of treatment and includes options such as continued outpatient therapy, sober living, 12-Step programs, etc.
- Telehealth. Many facilities offer telehealth treatment as a supplement to outpatient care. Patients attend sessions online or via phone.
The following treatment types and quantities are situated within 25 miles of Pomona:1
- Detox: 64.
- Inpatient: 75.
- Outpatient: 95.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): 69.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): 46.
- Telehealth: 103.
How to Pay for Rehabs in Pomona, CA
A host of payment options exist, regardless of whether you have insurance. Payment options include:
- Financing and sliding-fee scales.
- Free or low-cost publicly funded programs.
What Addictions Are Treated at Pomona Rehabs?
While a handful of facilities specialize in a specific substance, e.g., alcohol or opioids, most treatment programs in Pomona and the surrounding area treat addictions to a variety of substances including: alcohol, benzodiazepines, cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, methamphetamines, opioids, prescription drugs, etc.
Laguna Treatment Hospital, for example, is a drug and alcohol rehab center, meaning it provides care for most substance use disorders. It is also equipped to handle patients with other physical challenges, such as chronic medical problems like diabetes.
Laguna Treatment Hospital as well as many facilities in and near Pomona also offer care for co-occurring disorders. Common among those struggling with substance use disorders (SUDs), co-occurring disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that exist in conjunction with SUDs.7
How to Find Rehab Centers in Pomona, CA
If you’re looking for a Pomona-area rehab, consider asking your healthcare provider or mental health professional for a recommendation. Or search for facilities near you via FindTreatment.org, a handy and comprehensive online search tool offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Once you have a list of facilities to consider, you can simply start calling them, or you can use a more methodical approach outlined via “How to Choose a Rehab Facility.” Either way, it’s important to ask some key questions as you try to identify the facility that will best meet your needs. Some options include:
- What levels of care are available, and which is the best fit for my needs?
- What licensing and accreditations does the facility hold?
- What insurance does it accept, and what other forms of payment are available?
- What amenities and services are included?
If you’re ready to attend treatment today, reach out to American Addiction Centers at . In addition to its Laguna Treatment Hospital, AAC offers multiple facilities scattered across the country. Admissions navigators at can discuss payment options, verify your insurance, and simply listen to you story to help match your needs to the most appropriate level of care. Reach out now to take your first steps toward recovery today.