Addiction Treatment Centers in Los Angeles for Drugs & Alcohol
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Los Angeles, a large city of just under 4 million people, is located in the southern part of California with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean. In the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, approximately 1.6 million people use illicit drugs in a given year.1
If you’re among those who are dealing with a substance abuse issue, treatment in LA is readily available for you to utilize. American Addiction Centers’ (AAC) premier rehab location in Laguna Beach will help you as you take your first step in find healing from addiction.
Where is Treatment Located in Los Angeles?
There are several rehab centers in Los Angeles, California. Some are in Central LA while others are in East LA. You can also find drug and alcohol rehab facilities right outside of the city. Laguna Treatment Hospital, located just south of LA, is conveniently accessible with proximity to highways, shopping, dining, and recreation.
Do Rehab Centers in Los Angeles Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Yes, drug and alcohol rehab facilities in Los Angeles are equipped to treat all forms of addiction, including addiction to heroin, cocaine, meth, amphetamines, fentanyl, Xanax, and marijuana. Some rehabs in Los Angeles, California may specialize in treating one type of substance abuse over another, but the large majority will be able to treat all types of addiction issues.
Other Ways to Get Help & Los Angeles Rehab Resources
The following resources provide additional help and tools for those struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction in Los Angeles:
- Take Our Substance Abuse Self Assessment: Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you are curious whether you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse issues. This self-evaluation consists of 11 yes-or-no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free and confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive a result. Do beware that this test is not meant to substitute as medical advice or take the place of a trained and licensed medical doctor.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Los Angeles, find an AA meeting in Los Angeles and nearby areas.
- Southern California Region of Narcotics Anonymous, find an NA meeting in Los Angeles and neighboring cities.
- Greater Los Angeles Area Narcotics Anonymous, find an NA meeting in the Greater Los Angeles region.
- A. County Substance Abuse Prevention and Control, access a wide range of resources on substance abuse and addiction, courtesy of L.A. County Public Health Department.
- SHIELDS for Families, youth in Los Angeles with substance use disorders can contact SHIELDS for behavioral health and supportive services.
- Los Angeles LGBT Center, access resources for people in the LGBT community who struggle with substance abuse and addiction.
- Virtual Narcotics Anonymous, meet virtually, access resources, and find help.
What is the Cost of Rehab in Los Angeles?
Approximately 37,770 people in Los Angeles County are in publicly funded substance abuse treatment programs or free rehab programs. However, about 725,000 people need treatment.2 The cost of treatment varies from facility to facility but most LA rehabs accept some form of private or state-funded insurance (state-funded rehabs). Across the state of California, there are 1,502 substance abuse facilities available to treat all types of drug and alcohol disorders. These facilities accept a variety of payment forms. The breakdown is as follows:4
- 1,244 rehabs accept cash or self-payment
- 875 facilities accept private health insurance
- 314 rehab centers accept Medicare
- 587 rehabs accept Medicaid
- 876 rehab facilities will work on a sliding fee scale for those without insurance
Note that some drug rehab centers in Los Angeles and other cities in CA accept more than one type of insurance. Additionally, there are about 693 facilities in California that provide drug rehab assistance at a reduced charge for clients who don’t have insurance are have limited funds.3
Instantly check if your insurance may be able to cover all or part of the cost of rehab.
Common Los Angeles Rehab & Addiction Statistics
- 3,350 people were admitted to LA county residential medical detoxification programs in 2015-2016.5
- Of these people, 68.5% were male and 31.5 % were female.
- Heroin accounted for most of these admissions, with 1,554 people there for that reason.
- Alcohol was the next main reason for LA county admissions to a residential detox facility—1,284 were admitted for that reason.
- There were 1,797 people admitted to intensive outpatient rehab in LA county in 2015-2016.5
- Of these people, 38.4 % were male and 61.5 % were female.
- Marijuana accounted for the most intensive outpatient admissions, with a total of 754 people there for that reason.
- Methamphetamine was the second main cause of intensive outpatient admissions with 692 people participating for that reason.