Crack Addiction & Abuse Helpline
- What is a Crack Addiction Helpline?
- What Can I Expect from a Crack Hotline?
- When Should I Call a Crack Cocaine Abuse Hotline?
- Other Crack Hotline Resources & Numbers
- Where Can I Find Crack Cocaine Rehab Near Me?
*If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency related to cocaine abuse or cocaine withdrawal, cocaine overdose symptoms, or any emergency, dial 911 or head to your local emergency room immediately.
What is a Crack Addiction Helpline?
Crack addiction hotlines are anonymous, confidential, and toll-free helplines that you can call without fear of getting in trouble or having your information leaked. These free helplines exist to connect you (as well as concerned loved ones) with the resources you need to fight crack addiction. You may call addiction hotlines when you don’t know where else to turn for support or you’re ready to start making changes in your lifestyle.
American Addiction Centers offers free and confidential guidance to those suffering from addiction. Call us today at .
Crack cocaine is a free base form of cocaine that is heated and smoked. Some people may begin to compulsively use cocaine in this manner as they repeatedly seek the relatively rapid-onset, intense, but short-lived high.1 Because crack cocaine is commonly referred to as simply as “crack,” we’ll continue using that term in this article for the sake of easier reading.
Are Crack Hotlines Free and Confidential?
Yes, crack hotlines are free and confidential. You don’t have to worry about being charged a fee or having your privacy breached by calling a crack abuse hotline. No information you share will be given to anyone else without your explicit permission. This means you can put your full trust in the knowledgeable representative you’re speaking with.
Calling a crack hotline isn’t a commitment to treatment. Instead, it’s a way to attain helpful information so you can make an informed decision about what kind of treatment or help might be best for you. Your representative won’t share your information with any rehab centers unless you ask them to.
American Addiction Center’s helpline strictly enforces this policy because we know how important your privacy is to you. We want to help you feel as comfortable as possible as you investigate your rehab options. When you call our 24/7 hotline at , you’ll speak with a compassionate representative who can answer your questions without judgment.
What Can I Expect from a Crack Hotline?
When you call a free crack hotline, you can expect to talk to a friendly and professional representative who is trained in giving guidance to those struggling with cocaine abuse. They’ll ask some questions about your crack use, lifestyle, and other demographics to help guide you in the right direction. Or, if you’d rather just tell the representative your story, they’ll be happy to listen and offer support. Throughout the call, all information you give to the representative will be completely confidential, so there is no need for you to worry about your privacy.
Keep in mind that the helpline representative may need to ask personal questions to make a fair assessment of your situation and recommend the next best steps, whether that’s treatment or some other therapy. The representative will keep this information private, so you can be as open as you feel comfortable being when sharing these details.
When Should I Call a Crack Cocaine Abuse Hotline?
Any time you think you or a loved one is suffering from crack addiction or abuse is a good time to call a crack or cocaine addiction hotline number.
Cocaine helplines are an excellent means to getting free resources and advice about crack addiction. You can also call a crack helpline if you’d like to learn more about addiction treatment, but either aren’t sure how to get started or are confused about your options.
If you are concerned about the potentially harmful effects of crack or other cocaine use by a friend of family member, you might be wondering when you should call someone for help and support. It might be the right time for you to call a crack helpline if your loved one:
- Doesn’t seem to be able to stop using crack.
- Seems to be experiencing work-related, relationship-related, financial losses related to their drug use.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical or psychological emergency, such as overdose, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Do not call a hotline, as they are not equipped to handle these situations.
Crack addiction and other types of compulsive cocaine use may be diagnosed by treatment professionals as stimulant use disorders.
Though it can sometimes be hard to spot crack abuse symptoms, other diagnostic criteria include:2
- Beginning to use more and more crack over time.
- Wanting to cut back on your crack cocaine use, but can’t.
- Spending a lot of time using, trying to obtain, or recovering from using crack.
- Experiencing strong cravings for crack.
- Missing important events at home, work, or school due to crack use.
- Missing out on social or recreational activities because of crack use.
- Putting yourself in dangerous situations when using crack or to attain crack.
- Experiencing a recurring physical or psychological problem caused by crack, but keep using anyway.
- Needing increasing amounts of the drug to get the same effects.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop using crack.
Other Crack Hotline Resources & Numbers
Many organizations are available to help you find treatment for crack abuse, other substance abuse issues, and other mental health conditions, including:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Call 1-800-662-4357 for English- or Spanish-speaking representatives who can help you find crack cocaine treatment facilities, support groups, and other forms of help for cocaine abuse.
- National Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-8255 — If you’re having suicidal thoughts, this national hotline can help you talk through things and get support when you need it. Lifeline Chat services are also available through the website 24/7.
Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 or text START to the TrevorText line at 678678 — A free hotline, text, and chat services specifically for members of the LGBTQ community who are struggling with mental health issues.
Where Can I Find Crack Cocaine Rehab Near Me?
Though finding a crack cocaine addiction treatment center that fits your needs might not be the easiest task, our admissions navigators are here to make this process much simpler for you. American Addiction Centers treats all forms of cocaine addiction, including crack cocaine addiction. We have multiple facilities across the nation that offer multiple levels of addiction care so you can find rehab that works.
You can find the cocaine rehab that’s right for you by browsing our treatment network or calling our 24/7 helpline at . Our facilities are in-network with most major insurance companies so that you can find the affordable care you need to recover from crack abuse.
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- See All Treatment Centers
- Foundation for a Drug-Free World. What is crack cocaine?
- American Psychiatric Association (2013). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric.