Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Lakeland, FL
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Lakeland, FL?
Situated roughly midway between Tampa and Orlando, FL, Lakeland is like many U.S. cities in that it struggles with substance misuse issues. In fact, data from the Florida Department of Health shows that in Polk County, where Lakeland is located, 123 fatal overdoses were reported in 2021 and more than 1,357 people visited the ER for nonfatal overdose in 2022.1
However, hope and help are also available near Lakeland. In fact, there are more than 560 treatment centers in Florida, many of which are situated near major metropolitan areas. However, of these 560-plus, nearly 100 facilities are found within 50 miles of Lakeland.2
How Much Does it Cost to go to Rehab in Lakeland, FL?
The cost of rehab in Lakeland and elsewhere can vary based on several factors such as:
- Level of care.
- Treatment duration.
- Amenities and services.
- Payment method.
To get a better idea of how much you’ll pay for treatment, it’s best to contact each facility directly, many of which can answer both your treatment and cost-related questions. For example, River Oaks Treatment Center (in Riverview, FL), which offers evidence-based care for a host of substance use disorders and provides a wide range of care options, has a 24/7 helpline at . Here, admissions navigators can not only discuss levels of care but also delve into payment options, insurance verification, and more.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Lakeland, FL?
Insurance typically covers at least part of the cost of substance use disorder (SUD) treatment thanks to laws such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA).3,4 The ACA requires insurance companies to cover essential health benefits, such as mental health and addiction treatment.3 And under the MHPAEA, insurance companies must offer equal access to mental health and SUD benefits at fair prices.4 Still, coverage can vary depending on your specific plan and the facility you choose.
FindTreatment.gov provides the following data, which illustrates the wide range of insurance options available within 50 miles of Lakeland. Data represents the number of facilities that accept the respective type of insurance.2
- Medicaid: 57.
- Medicare: 29.
- Tricare: 39.
- Private Insurance: 81.
To provide further context, the aforementioned River Oaks Treatment Center accepts insurance from a host of providers including:
- First Health.
- Emblem, HMO & Non-HMO.
- Optum/United Healthcare.
- Tricare East.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Lakeland, FL
Several types of addiction treatment are available in rehabs in Lakeland. Treatment centers often offer multiple levels of care to meet you where you are in your recovery journey. Common levels of care in Lakeland rehab centers include:5
- Detox. Medically assisted detox ensures patients are as safe and as comfortable as possible during withdrawal. Detox is often the first step of treatment, but it’s typically part of a care plan that includes additional levels of care.
- Inpatient rehab. Inpatient facilities provide a supportive environment and continuous care. Addiction specialists use multiple treatment approaches, such as behavioral and pharmacological therapies to help patients gain relapse-prevention skills and promote long-term sobriety.
- Outpatient programs. Outpatient programs offer similar therapeutic approaches to that of inpatient rehab, only they’re offered at a lower intensity and patients live at home as opposed to in an inpatient facility. Outpatient care includes traditional outpatient care, intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), and partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) (aka day treatment).
- Addiction aftercare. Most mental health professionals recommend that patients participate in aftercare following treatment. Multiple aftercare options, such as ongoing therapy, sober living homes, and 12-Step groups, are available to help individuals stay focused on recovery while transitioning to a new normal.
To provide some perspective on what’s available near Lakeland, the following data represents the various levels of care and the respective number of facilities located within 50 miles of Lakeland.1
- Outpatient: 78.
- Inpatient: 30.
- IOP: 34.
- PHP: 18.
- Telehealth: 79.
How to Pay for Rehabs in Lakeland, FL
Health insurance is certainly one way to pay for or at least offset the costs of treatment. However, a lack of health insurance doesn’t have to be a barrier to treatment. Other ways to pay for treatment include:
- Sliding fee scales. For qualified patients, sliding fee scales adjust the cost of treatment according to patients’ incomes.
- Local, state, or federal funding. Some government organizations provide grants and scholarships to cover the cost of addiction treatment. For example, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers block grants to qualified individuals.
- Low cost or free rehabs. Many states have free or low-cost treatment programs for qualified individuals. As of 2020, there were 3 state-run addiction treatment facilities and 15 local government-run facilities in Florida.6 Additionally, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) offer free support groups near Lakeland that help connect and support those in recovery.
- Self-pay. Many rehabs accept cash or credit, which can be secured via credit cards, loans, etc.
- Payment plans. Some treatment facilities offer payment plans based on your financial situation. Those who qualify pay a fixed monthly amount until the entire balance is paid off.
What Addictions Are Treated at Lakeland Rehabs?
While a handful of treatment facilities near Lakeland offer specialized care for specific substances (e.g., alcohol), most treat various types of substance use disorders.
River Oaks Treatment Center, for example, treats disorders related to multiple substances of misuse such as:
Often, people struggle with mental health issues—such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more—along with addiction.5 This simultaneous presentation is called a co-occurring disorder.
Addiction specialists recommend treating both conditions at once to promote long-term recovery.5 Thus, several treatment centers, including River Oaks, offer a comprehensive approach and fully trained staff to address co-occurring disorders.
How to Find Rehab Centers in Lakeland, FL
Visit FindTreatment.gov to explore drug and alcohol rehabs in Florida. Or simply call American Addiction Centers at . The parent company of River Oaks Treatment Center, AAC offers a 24/7 helpline staffed with admissions navigators who can not only listen to your story but also discuss treatment options available to you. In addition, AAC offers multiple facilities nationwide, allowing you to stay close to home or to explore a more distant location to potentially separate you from localized triggers.
If you’re not sure which Florida rehab will best meet your needs, check out “How to Choose a Rehab Facility” for a list of several factors to consider. As you interview potential facility candidates, you might want to ask:
- What licenses and accreditations are maintained by staff and the facility?
- What therapies are offered?
- Does the facility accept insurance? If not, what other payment options are available?
- What amenities and accommodations are provided?
- Are there special programs for specific needs and populations?
- What type of alumni support is offered?
If you’re ready to start your recovery journey near Lakeland, FL, reach out to American Addiction Centers today at . Staff is available 24/7 to help you take your first steps toward recovery today.