Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Port St. Lucie, FL
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Located on Florida’s eastern coastline, Port St. Lucie sits between Orlando and Miami. It is the 7th most populous city in Florida, with over 231,000 residents.1
This page will discuss where to find addiction treatment in Port St. Lucie.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Port St. Lucie, FL?
Port St. Lucie has many treatment centers for alcohol and drug addiction. Larger cities are also nearby, broadening rehab choices.
Recovery First Treatment Center—an American Addiction Centers (AAC) facility—is close by in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area. Recovery First offers a wide selection of treatment programs, including specialized treatment tracks for Veterans and first responders, healthcare professionals, and more.
River Oaks Treatment Center is another excellent choice less than 200 miles from Port St. Lucie. Like Recovery First, River Oaks also offers a specialized Veteran’s program. In addition, they offer specialized treatment tracks for LGBTQ and impaired professionals.
How Much Does It Cost to Go to Rehab in Port St. Lucie, FL?
The cost of treatment can vary greatly depending on several factors. These may include:
- Insurance provider and plan. Different insurance policies cover more of the costs of treatment than others. Additionally, most policies restrict the choices of facilities available; treatment centers within the insurance provider’s care network contract directly with the insurer, resulting in lower total costs.
- Outpatient treatment vs. inpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment typically costs less than inpatient treatment because of the costs involved in housing and providing around-the-clock care.
- Government-run facilities vs. private facilities. Government-run facilities are usually lower in cost than private ones. However, government-run facilities often have long waiting lists to get in and may be less comfortable than private rehab centers.
- Amenities. Some treatment centers offer luxuries that increase the overall cost.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Port St. Lucie, FL?
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all private healthcare plans are required to cover treatment for substance use disorder (SUD).3 The details of the coverage depend on the plan itself and the optional coverage that was selected; however, at least some percentage of addiction treatment is covered by all insurance plans.
In addition, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) requires private insurance plans to cover treatment for addiction in the same manner that they cover other medical treatments.4
Medicaid and Medicare also cover addiction treatment.5
Check your insurance coverage using the confidential form below.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Port St. Lucie, FL
Not all treatment centers offer the same programs. Some facilities are better equipped to handle a higher, more intensive level of care, while others have the resources to work with the client’s schedule so that they can attend work or school while getting the help that they need.
Some of the levels of care provided at Port St. Lucie rehab centers may include:
- Detox. Medical detox enables patients to undergo acute withdrawal safely while being monitored and supervised by medical staff. If necessary, medications may be used to mitigate symptoms.6
- Inpatient or residential care. With residential or inpatient treatment, the patient lives at the rehab center and benefits from a structured routine and 24/7 support.7
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). PHPs enable the patient to continue living at home but require them to visit the facility around 20 hours per week for treatment.8
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). IOPs generally require a patient to visit a facility for treatment at least 9 hours a week.9
- Standard outpatient treatment. Like PHPs and IOPs, standard outpatient treatment requires the patient to visit the facility for several hours each week; however, this form of care is more flexible and less intensive.7
- Sober living. People who have completed rehab often choose to transfer to a sober living facility, in which they can continue to benefit from staying in a supportive, sober environment. Occupants are required to maintain their sobriety, and may also be required to attend 12-step meetings and keep up with house chores, rent, and other responsibilities.10
Treatment in any of the settings above may involve evidence-based approaches such as behavioral therapy, peer support, medications for substance use disorder, treatment for co-occurring disorders, and more. Since addiction care is a highly individualized process, effective treatment facilities will tailor the program to meet the patient’s specific needs.7
How to Pay for Rehabs in Port St. Lucie, FL
Patients are often unaware of the many resources that are available to them that can help offset the costs or even pay them in full.
Some ways to pay for rehab that make costs more manageable include:
- Using health insurance to cover treatment.
- Financing options or payment plans offered by the facility or a 3rd party.
- Credit cards.
- Help from family and friends.
What Addictions Are Treated at Port St. Lucie Rehabs?’
Port St. Lucie rehab centers are equipped to treat a wide range of substance use issues and addictions, such as:
How to Find Rehab Centers in Port St. Lucie, FL
If you are looking for drug or alcohol rehab in Florida or anywhere in the U.S., please call an AAC admissions navigator today at to begin treatment or learn more about your various rehab options.
Our closest centers to Port St. Lucie—Recovery First Treatment Center and River Oaks Treatment Center—both offer a wide range of treatment services for inpatient and outpatient as well as specialized programs to ensure that your needs are met.