Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Pompano Beach, FL
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Pompano Beach, FL?
With a population of just over 112,000, Pompano Beach is 33 miles north of Miami where it offers some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida.1 Like many places in the U.S., however, Pompano Beach has been affected by alcohol and drug misuse. In fact, Florida saw a 53% increase in fentanyl overdoses between 2019 and 2020. 2 And in 2022, Broward County—where Pompano Beach is located—was home to 354 drug overdoses, with more than 80% due to opioids.3
Despite these statistics, help is available throughout Florida. In fact, more than 100 treatment facilities are located within 25 miles of Pompano Beach.4 Among them, Recovery First Treatment Center in Hollywood, FL, is a leading drug and alcohol rehab center just 18 miles from Pompano Beach that offers various levels of care, including medically managed detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient services, and co-occurring disorder treatment.
How Much Does it Cost to Go to Rehab in Pompano Beach, FL?
Each person and each treatment scenario is unique, which makes it difficult to determine exactly how much someone will pay without a bit more investigation. However, costs are often dependent on several factors such as:
- Level of care and duration of treatment. The more intense the care and the longer the services are provided, the more treatment will cost.
- Location. Thanks to location-specific costs for things such as electricity, staff, food, and more, the location of the facility and the cost of living in that area can also affect treatment costs.
- Services and amenities. Generally speaking, the more amenities a facility has, the more it will cost. However, access to things such as private rooms, pools, gyms, equestrian centers, and more may help support treatment outcomes.
- Payment type. Costs can also vary based on payment types, which include health insurance, self pay, financing, sliding-fee scales, block grants, etc.
If you have health insurance, most facilities can quickly verify insurance benefits. For example, a quick call to American Addiction Centers (AAC) at will help you determine exactly how much you’ll pay at one of its nationwide rehab centers.
Lack of insurance, however, isn’t necessarily a barrier to treatment. Several other ways to pay for treatment are described below.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Pompano Beach, FL
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) ensure that those with insurance receive access to quality substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health services.5,6 Under the ACA, almost all insurance companies must cover essential health benefits such as mental health and addiction treatment.5 The MHPAEA also requires insurance companies to offer equal access to mental health and SUD benefits at fair prices.6 Keep in mind, however, each policy offers a different level of coverage, and you’ll typically pay for a portion of treatment by way of deductibles, co-pays, etc.
Along with private insurance, some facilities accept public insurance options as well. For example, the following insurance options are accepted at the respective number of facilities, all of which are within 25 miles of Pompano Beach:4
- Private Health Insurance: 86.
- Medicaid: 39.
- Federal military insurance (aka Tricare): 41.
- Medicare: 27.
- Federal or government funding for treatment: 25.
- State-financed insurance other than Medicaid: 19.
- Indian Health Service/Tribal/Urban (ITU) funds: 22.
Plus, many facilities accept a host of private insurance plans. For example, Recovery First Treatment Center is in-network with several providers, some of which include:
- Carelon Behavioral Health (formerly Beacon).
- Employer Health Network.
- First Health.
- Tricare East.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Pompano Beach, FL
Rehab centers in Pompano Beach, Florida, offer several types of addiction treatment. Everyone is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. Thus, healthcare providers and addiction professionals will help to determine the appropriate level of care to meet your needs. These levels of care include:7
- Detox: Medically assisted detox supports patients as they experience withdrawal from substances.
- Inpatient treatment: With inpatient care, patients live in the facility where they receive 24/7 care and supervision.
- Outpatient treatment: As the name suggests, outpatient care allows patients to live at home rather than within an inpatient treatment facility. Outpatient options can vary considerably in terms of intensity, as they include traditional outpatient care, intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) and partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), which are also known as day treatment.
- Aftercare and sober living. Following inpatient and outpatient care, most professionals recommend some form of aftercare treatment such as ongoing therapy, sober living, 12-Step programs, etc.
To illustrate the myriad levels of care available, here’s a short list of number of treatment types offered within 25 miles of Pompano Beach, FL:4
- Detox: 38.
- Outpatient detox: 7.
- Hospital inpatient detox: 13.
- Inpatient treatment: 34.
- Outpatient: 63.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): 51.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): 42.
- Telehealth: 61.
Also note that some facilities provide special treatment tracks for unique populations. For example Recovery First Treatment Center offers programs for:
How to Pay for Rehabs in Pompano Beach, FL
Along with public and private insurance as discussed earlier, multiple payment options are available. While these vary by facility, they include:
- Payment plans. With payment plans, you typically pay a fixed, income-based amount every month.
- Sliding fee scales. Some rehabs provide sliding fee scales, where they adjust the cost of your program based on your financial situation.
- Local, state, or federal funding. Government organizations such as the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offer grants and scholarships to cover the cost of addiction care for eligible individuals.
- Low cost/free rehabs: Some states offer low-cost or free treatment for those who qualify.
- Special population funding options: You may also qualify for special funding if you are a member of a unique population such as pregnant women, Veterans, tribal members, and more.
To illustrate the availability of various funding types, consider that more than 70 Florida treatment centers offer sliding fee scales and/or payment assistance, and 14 of these facilities can be found within 25 miles of Pompano Beach.4
Additionally, Florida’s Broward County, which houses Pompano Beach, is home to several low-cost and free treatment programs for those who qualify. Banyan Health Systems in Fort Lauderdale, for example, is a nonprofit organization that offers addiction treatment for individuals and families despite their income.8 Broward County Health Care Services administers funds dedicated to providing physical and mental health care services. And the county offers a human services division with access to crisis and treatment services.
Plus, free community resources can be accessed through the 211 helpline, which provides information and referrals to mental health and substance misuse services. Finally, Pompano Beach also has multiple free support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
What Addictions Are Treated at Pompano Beach Rehabs?
Many rehabs in Pompano Beach—such as Recovery First Treatment Center—treat disorders related to a host of substances, such as alcohol, benzodiazepines, cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, methamphetamine, opioids, prescription drugs, and more.
In addition, some also treat co-occurring disorders, which is when a mental health disorder (e.g., depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc.) occurs alongside a substance use disorder.9 Most American Addiction Centers treatment facilities, including its two facilities in Florida, treat co-occurring disorders using an integrated approach of therapeutic and medicinal therapies, such as psychoeducation, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and medication-assisted treatment, to treat co-occurring disorders.
How to Find Rehab Centers in Pompano Beach, FL
It’s important that the facility you choose meets your unique needs. When searching for a rehab facility, it helps to establish clarity about your goals. That is, what behaviors do you want to change and what problems do you hope to eliminate? Consider creating a list of your goals so you can ask facilities how they can assist you in accomplishing them.
Once you have a list of potential facilities, it’s time to compare them and select one that fits your needs. Some questions you might want to ask include:
- Which accreditations does the facility hold?
- Which levels of care and therapies are available, and which one might best fit my needs?
- Do you cater to specific populations such as Veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ population, etc.?
- What forms of payment and insurance do you accept?
- What amenities and services are available?
Browsing treatment center websites and reading reviews can also help you decide which facility is right for you. Patient testimonials can also give you an inside look at the treatment center and what you can expect.
To explore drug and alcohol treatment centers in Florida, visit FindTreatment.gov and search for providers using its online tool. Or, simply call American Addiction Centers at . An admissions navigator can not only answer your confidential treatment questions but also provide in- and out-of-state options for treatment, discuss payment options, and more. Why not begin your recovery today?