Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Clark County, NV
In 2022, approximately 74.1% of Nevada’s population lived within Clark County.1 To find rehab treatment centers in Clark County, Nevada you can search by city, including some of this county’s most popular cities of Boulder City, Henderson, Mesquite, and Las Vegas.
American Addiction Centers offers rehab treatment in Clark County, Nevada, and many other regions of the United States. Call to learn more.
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Is Rehab Located in Clark County, Nevada?
AAC’s Desert Hope Treatment Center is a substance use treatment facility located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This treatment center offers specialized treatment tracks and varying levels of care, including medically assisted detox, behavioral therapies, an inpatient program, and an outpatient program. Desert Hope Treatment Center provides community support through 12-Step programs and SMART recovery groups.
What Is the Cost of Rehab in Clark County?
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) estimates that substance use costs in the United States add up to around $600 billion every year.3 By seeking treatment, you are not only potentially reducing future healthcare expenses for yourself, but you are also investing in your future.3 The cost of substance use treatment in Clark County will vary depending on a few factors. Factors that might affect the cost of your treatment might include:4
- Your insurance coverage.
- Residential vs outpatient treatment.
- Length of stay.
- Treatment provided.
- Whether you have a dual diagnosis or are part of another special population.
Does Insurance Cover Rehab in Clark County?
Most rehabs in Clark County, Nevada accept payments in the form of insurance.5 Your insurance coverage will depend greatly upon your insurance plan’s details and behavioral health benefits.6 The best way to find out if your insurance will cover rehab in Clark County, Nevada will be to call the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also call any rehab facility you’re interested in going to and ask them about insurance and payment options.
If you are wondering whether American Addiction Centers will accept your insurance coverage as payment for detox, inpatient treatment, or outpatient treatment in Nevada, fill out the quick form below.
Can I Go to Drug Rehab in Clark County Without Insurance?
Yes. If you don’t have insurance, don’t assume that rehab is no longer an option for you. In 2020, 84.4% of substance use facilities allowed cash or self-payments as a valid form of paying for rehab.5 If you are paying out of pocket for rehab, many rehab facilities offer sliding fee scales or lower costs for patients who may not be able to pay the full price of treatment up-front.5 Try calling the rehab center that you are interested in to find out more about their accepted payment forms.
Do Rehab Centers in Clark County, NV Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Substance use facilities in Nevada treat several conditions. In 2020, around 90% of facilities in Nevada treated both alcohol and drug use.5 That same year 88% of Nevada substance use facilities treated co-occurring mental health concerns.5 Many people with substance use concerns also have mental health concerns.3 Effective addiction treatment not only addresses the substance use, but also other needs like vocational needs, legal needs, and medical needs.3
At Desert Hope Treatment Center, there are different levels of care ranging from medical detox to residential and aftercare programs. Depending on your needs and the type(s) of drugs you used, you and an intake counselor will determine the level of care fit for your comprehensive needs. Below is a list of common substances, but not comprehensive, that can be treated at Desert Hope Treatment Center:
- Benzodiazepines (like Xanax or Valium).
- Methamphetamine and crystal meth.
- Opioids (like morphine, codeine, or hydromorphone).
- Prescription drugs.
Other Ways to Get Help & Clark County Rehab Resources
Since Clark County is the most populated county in Nevada, there a wide variety of treatment options available here.1 A few local resources include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Las Vegas Central Office – 24/7 hotline at 702-598-1888.
- Narcotics Anonymous meetings in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas.
- Behavioral Health NV’s provider search can help you sort and filter services in specific locations
- Nevada 211 is a Department of Health and Human Services program to help Nevada residents connect with services 24/7 – Call 2-1-1 or 1-866-535-5654 to talk with a representative surrounding the following issues:
- Housing services
- Food resources
- Mental Health
- Healthcare and psychiatric care
- Substance Use
- Children and adolescent services
- Senior services
- Utility assistance
- Crisis services
- Nevada Medicaid – Call 1-800-992-0900.
- Clark County Social Services – Call 702-455-4270.
Common Clark County, NV Rehab & Addiction Statistics
- In Las Vegas, 16.8% of people aged 12 or older used illicit drugs in the previous year, based on annual averages from 2005 to 2010.7
- Clark County coalitions saw higher admissions of mental health conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and suicidal ideation according to a 2019 report.1
- Lower rates of deaths caused by alcohol and substance use were seen in Clark County compared to the rest of Nevada in 2018.1
- Around 9.9% of adults in Las Vegas, NV had a substance use disorder between 2005 and 2010.7
- The rate of non-medical use of prescription pain relievers was higher in Las Vegas than compared with the rest of the nation, according to annual averages from 2005 to 2010.7
Can I Detox in Clark County, Nevada?
The first step in addiction treatment for many people is medically assisted detox.3 To understand whether detox is the first place you should start to achieve recovery, reach out to your doctor or desired treatment center.
Clark County, Nevada has resources available for you to detox safely from substances. At Desert Hope Treatment Center, medical detox can help you be as comfortable as possible while experiencing withdrawal symptoms. While detoxing at Desert Hope, you will receive 24/7 supervision by medical professionals.
What Can I Expect in Clark County Rehab Centers?
Your experience will be different depending on which rehab you attend, what your presenting concerns are, and the type of services received. Common treatment programs include:
- Medical Detox:3 Symptoms of withdrawal can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous. Medical detox allows you to have the support of medical professionals to help monitor and make your withdrawal as safe as possible.
- Inpatient Treatment:3 Sometimes referred to as residential care, clients live at the facility. The days are typically structured around group and individual therapy.
- Outpatient Treatment:3 For people with work, school, or family obligations, outpatient programs allow the flexibility to attend substance use treatment during designated times and return to their normal routine.
- Support Groups:3 12-Step programs and other types of support groups, help create community and increase social accountability.
Behavioral therapies are a common part of substance use treatment.3 There are many different types, or modalities, of therapy that can be used for substance use treatment.3 Since rehab is not one-size-fits-all, different therapies might be used for different reasons.3 Rehabs in Clark County, Nevada may use one or a few of these behavioral therapy modalities:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)3
- Contingency management interventions (CM)3
- Community reinforcement approach plus vouchers3
- Motivational enhancement therapy (ME)3
- 12-Step facilitation therapy3
- Family behavior therapy3
Does Clark County Have Special Addiction Laws & Programs?
In 2010, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed making affordable health insurance more accessible.7 Through this act and the mental health parity act, mental and behavioral health are required to be covered under a marketplace plan.6 Due to parity protections, limits on mental health and substance use treatment can’t be more restrictive than medical or surgical services.6
In Clark County, Nevada, there are several types of specialty courts including Felony DUI Court, Mental Health Court, Family Dependency Court, Dependency Mother’s Drug Court, and Co-Occurring Treatment Court.8 All specialty courts, including those not listed, require participants to attend individual and group therapy for substance use and mental health, random drug/alcohol testing, and regular legal check ins.8 These specialty drug courts support participants in completing substance use treatment and reduce crime rates.8
How Can I Seek Treatment in Clark County During COVID-19?
American Addiction Centers’ rehab centers across the country are all fully operative during COVID-19. Our rehab centers follow the CDC’s guidelines for save medical practices as well as COVID-19 and other infectious disease precautions. Learn more about our COVID-19 policies in our COVID-19 update.
Where & Why Should I Find Treatment Out of State?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) offers drug and alcohol rehab services in several states across the nation. If you decide you need a change of scenery and are able to travel for treatment, AAC has a wide variety of program options. Leaving your city or region to attend rehab can be helpful for you if you want to get away from triggers and start fresh. However, before committing to an out-of-state treatment program, talk to your medical and mental health professional to determine whether traveling for treatment is beneficial for you. When deciding whether to attend in-state or out-of-state, take into consideration the following:
- Work, school, and social obligations.
- Cost of treatment.
- Transportation to and from rehab.
- Availability of sober living communities and aftercare.
- Importance of anonymity.
- Services and amenities offered.
Are There Emergency and Same-Day Rehabs in Clark County?
When you decide that it’s time to seek help for alcohol or substance use, acting quickly is critical.3 In Clark County, NV, many rehab and detox centers may be able to admit you the same day that you call to inquire about treatment. However, this is highly dependent on facility and staff availability, as well as each treatment center’s protocol.
Before checking into a rehab center, call ahead to determine whether they can admit you the same day. While talking with the potential rehab center, communicate your urgency and desire to begin treatment.
AAC works hard to provide same-day services when our capacity allows. You can call the AAC helpline 24/7 to discuss which rehabs are available and where they are located. Knowledgeable staff are ready to take your call and help you get connected to the best treatment services in the area you choose.
How Do I Choose the Best Rehab in Clark County, Nevada?
You have control your recovery path. Researching your options can be helpful to determine factors like cost, length of stay, and what treatments are available. When deciding which rehab is best for you, think about factors such as your:
- Personal needs and preferences.
- Medical conditions (or medical concerns that may impact your decisions).
- Mental health concerns.
- Recovery support system’s strength.
- Proximity to your support system.
- Religious beliefs.
- Financial capabilities and payment method(s).
Choosing a rehab program can be overwhelming. If you want to discuss your recovery options, your doctor, psychiatrist, or mental health professional can help you figure out what might be best for you. Another resource available to you is AAC’s helpline, where you can ask questions about addiction treatment and get information about your next best steps.