San Antonio Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
Deciding to find help for a substance use disorder is a unique process for each person. If you are researching rehab centers in San Antonio, you are not alone. In 2015, a single-day tally found that 35,293 people in Texas were enrolled in substance use treatment.1
Where is Treatment Located in San Antonio, TX?
Seated in Bexar county in south-central Texas, San Antonio’s population exceeds 1.5 million people.2 As of 2018, there were 502 substance abuse treatment facilities in the state of Texas.3 As a major city, San Antonio has a variety of treatment programs to choose from.
Greenhouse Treatment Center in Texas
Greenhouse Treatment Center is centrally located in Grand Prairie, Texas, between Fort Worth and Dallas, and easily accessible to San Antonio by road. The center was formerly a luxury spa, creating a beautiful and peaceful recovery setting. We aim to create a soothing, integrative, and holistic environment that is the most conducive to your recovery. Greenhouse Treatment Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the Texas Department of State Health Services, and a member of the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare.
What is the Cost of Rehab in San Antonio, TX?
As in most other parts of the country, the majority of San Antonio rehabs accept private or state-funded insurance. As of 2018, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reported that more than half of the rehabs in Texas accept private insurance, over half accept Medicaid coverage for rehab, and roughly 1 out of 5 accept Medicare.3
American Addiction Centers’ Greenhouse Treatment Center outside of San Antonio accepts many private insurance plans through large companies such as Kaiser Permanente and United Healthcare. If you or your loved one do not currently have health insurance coverage, alternatives like private payments, payment plans, state-funded rehabs, or free rehabs may offer solutions.
Ways to Get in Contact With Us
If you believe you or someone you love may be struggling with addiction, let us hear your story and help you determine a path to treatment.
There are a variety of confidential, free, and no obligation ways to get in contact with us to learn more about treatment.
- Call us at
- Verify Your Insurance Coverage for Treatment
Is Rehab in San Antonio Covered by Insurance?
Some rehabs in San Antonio, Texas accept government-funded insurance plans such as Medicaid, Tricare, or they may also work in tandem another similar state-funded government organization.
AAC’s residential rehab in Texas, Greenhouse Treatment Center, accepts most large health insurance plans. However, the extent to which a person’s treatment is covered by their insurance will depend on their medical necessity, exact plan benefits, and a variety of other factors. At other drug and alcohol rehabs in San Antonio, insurance coverage will depend.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction and are concerned about the cost of treatment? Use our cost of addiction calculator to find out how much money addiction will cost you over your life time compared to the cost of going to rehab.
Do Rehab Centers in San Antonio Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
San Antonio alcohol and drug addiction treatment centers treat all forms of addiction, including drug and alcohol addiction. Some rehab centers in San Antonio, Texas may focus on treating one type of addiction or a certain population of people experiencing addiction, but most addiction treatment centers treat a wide range of populations and addictions to alcohol and various types of drugs.
Take Our Substance Abuse Self-Assessment
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Other Ways to Get Help & San Antonio Rehab Resources
As a large city, the San Antonio area offers many local resources for those struggling with addiction or substance abuse issues, including:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) San Antonio.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) San Antonio.
- SAMHSA programs.
- Texas Department of Human Services.
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
Explore Other Rehabs Near Me
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding San Antonio Rehab Centers
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). Behavioral health barometer texas, volume 4.
- United States Census Bureau. (2019). Quick facts: San Antonio, Texas.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2018). United States and other jurisdictions national survey of substance abuse treatment services.
- Texas Department of State Health Services (2020). Addressing substance use in Texas: public health agency action plan.
- City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health District. (2018). Public health: responding to the opioid epidemic.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? a booklet for families.
- American Addiction Centers. (2021).Therapy types at Greenhouse.
- National Weather Forecast Service Office. (2021). Austin/ San Antonio, Texas.
- Bexar County Community Supervision and Corrections Department. (2021). Programs, services and specialty courts.