Rehab Admission in Texas: Going to Rehab in Texas
What Is Rehab Admission?
Rehab admission is the process of entering a substance use disorder (SUD) treatment program. Recovery looks different for everyone, so what works for someone else may not work for you. Thus, the entry process is meant to assess your situation to help you and treatment staff understand the levels of care you need and explore your treatment facility options.
The decision to enter treatment can feel overwhelming, but doing so can provide immeasurable benefits today and well into the future. And knowing what lies ahead when signing up for treatment can make the admissions process less intimidating.
Texas Rehab Admissions Steps
Although every facility is different, most admissions processes include multiple steps to help you enter treatment. The speed at which you proceed through the steps is typically driven by your motivation, your finances/insurance, and facility availability. However, in some cases, same day admission is possible.
- Step 1: Free and Confidential Conversation. To help you determine if Greenhouse Treatment Center might be a fit for you, you can verify insurance online, text with caring professionals, and read through a host of substance misuse and addiction treatment info on American Addiction Centers’ website. However, the first official step of the admission process is to speak with an admissions navigator. Available 24/7 for free and confidential conversations, caring professionals listen to your story and empathize with what you’re going through—as many of these individuals have been in your shoes and have struggled with addiction in the past. In addition to answering your treatment questions, they can assist you in selecting the facility and care that best meets your needs.
- Step 2: Prescreening. While prescreening may happen during your first call or on a subsequent call, it’s a sort of secondary step to assess your situation and understand the logistics involved with attending treatment. Along with discussions about any physical limitations, your mental state, and your medical preconditions, prescreening will typically include a discussion of payment options, such as insurance, self payment, financing, and more.
- Step 3: Customized Treatment Plan. Building off the aforementioned information, staff will work with you to develop a unique treatment plan to meet your current needs. This plan will involve one or more levels of care such as medically assisted detox, inpatient rehab, a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), traditional outpatient care, telehealth services, and/or aftercare.
- Step 4: Staff will then schedule your admission, provide a packing list, potentially assist with travel plans, etc. You can also request a sober escort, who will travel with you to treatment to alleviate fears and offer support along the way.
- Step 5: Arrival. Once you arrive on site, compassionate caregivers will complete an onsite assessment and help you get settled in your new surroundings.
Texas Rehab Admissions Steps: Acting on Behalf of a Loved One
If you want to help someone you love enter treatment, you can often assist with some of the first steps of the admissions process, which starts with a phone call to one or more facilities. By doing some of the initial research, you may be able to offer an alcohol or drug rehab referral, helping to remove one step from the facility selection and admissions process.
Keep in mind, if your loved one isn’t ready for treatment, your first attempts to get them help could be unsuccessful. But don’t be discouraged. Making the initial call to start treatment is often the scariest part for them, so having some information on hand will only make starting treatment easier when the time comes. In the meantime, you can be there to offer support and encouragement until they’re ready.
Contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) at on behalf of your loved one to learn about what treatment might look like for them, payment options, insurance benefits, and more.
What to Expect During Texas Rehab Admissions Process
Understanding what to expect during the admissions process can make it a little less intimidating. And remember, this is a free and confidential call to someone that wants to help. So try to open up and honestly discuss your needs, fears, etc.
During the prescreening, you’ll typically discuss your mental state, physical limitations, and any preexisting medical conditions you may have. The prescreening is also where you’ll learn more about accepted payment methods and decide how you’ll pay for treatment.
Thus, in preparation for the call, it may help to simply think about your current struggles and what you want to accomplish through treatment. Also have any health insurance information at the ready, and consider making a list of questions prior to the call to ensure you obtain all the information you need.
Once you’ve made the decision to enter treatment, you may enter the same day or you may have a scheduled admission a few days out. If you have time, it may help to prepare for rehab. This might include navigating family or work responsibilities, packing, managing financial obligations, informing loved ones, etc. If you’re traveling to rehab, also ensure you understand your flight itinerary or driving directions, which can help to reduce stress and fear during travel time.
Is There Same-Day Admission Rehab in Texas?
Some treatment facilities offer same-day rehab admissions if space is available. In fact, same-day admissions can be highly beneficial, as studies suggest that the longer patients must wait to enter treatment, the more likely they are not to attend rehab at all.1
People might prefer same-day admissions if they’re suffering life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, or they may simply be highly motivated to enter treatment as soon as possible. Whatever the reasoning, the same-day admissions process in Texas and elsewhere begins with a call to the facility, which may be able to expedite the admissions process.
Find Rehab in Texas
Texas is home to more than 460 substance use disorder treatment centers.2 So Texas residents (and others) have a host of options.
The aforementioned Greenhouse Treatment Center located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area offers a luxury, spa-like treatment experience based on evidence-based practices. Offering multiple levels of care, including inpatient, outpatient, sober living, and aftercare, Greenhouse also provides specialized programs for Veterans and first responders, members of the LGBTQ+ community, young adult males, Christians, and more.
Available at the caring staff at Greenhouse Treatment Center can begin the admissions process today. When it comes to insurance, staff can verify your benefits for you, or you can verify your benefits online for Greenhouse or one of AAC’s other facilities in states such as Florida, Nevada, Mississippi, California, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. Additionally, you can also search for providers via Findtreatment.gov, a filterable tool offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
If you’re ready to begin admissions or you want to gather insights for a loved one, reach out to AAC today at . Today is always the best time to begin recovery.