BCBS Alabama Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Check your insurance coverage
With the form below, we will confirm what benefits are available under your specific plan. Your information is confidential and protected under HIPAA privacy rules.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Cover Rehab?
BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) of Alabama may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug and alcohol rehab. This will depend on your plan details and the level of care you need. In 2018, Alabama was ranked as one of the worst states for substance abuse.1
If you live in the State of Alabama and have BCBS health insurance, it is important to seek treatment for an addiction problem. American Addiction Centers (AAC) and many other treatment facilities accept BCBS. Before you enter into any rehab program, it’s always best to check with BCBS about what they will and will not cover.
How to Check Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama Coverage
If you live in Alabama, there are two ways to verify your coverage for drug or alcohol rehab.
- Call us today at There, an admissions advisor can hear your story, walk you through your options, and verify your insurance over the phone.
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below.
About BCBS Alabama
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. BCBS Alabama, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is the largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama covering over 2.8 million people.² BCBS Alabama offers individual, family, Medicare, and Account-Based Plans, as well as Federal Employee Program (FEP) plans.
What Rehab Programs Do BCBS Alabama Cover?
Depending on your plan, BCBS of Alabama may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox – Sometimes referred to as drug detoxification, this is a form of treatment that helps you safely go through the withdrawal process. Medications may be used to ensure you are able to manage any side effects that your body may go through as it rids itself from harmful substances.
- Inpatient or Residential Rehab – A type of addiction program where patients will stay at the treatment facility 24/7 and receive support from professional substance abuse specialists.
- Outpatient Rehab Treatment – This program is more flexible as it allows patients to live at home while they receive treatment from a rehab facility, hospital or counselor for a certain number of hours per week. Patients will receive the amount of support and treatment intensity they need while they still attend work or school.
- Medications – While a patient goes through an addiction treatment program, they may be given certain medications to help them go through the withdrawal process and to help them through their journey to sobriety.
Attending any addiction rehab program may require you to travel outside of Alabama. This shouldn’t stop you from seeking treatment, as your recovery from substance abuse is a priority.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Cover Mental health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorder treatment such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered. Co-occurring disorder may sometimes be referred to as dual diagnosis and it is when a person is struggling with a substance abuse problem as well as a mental health disorder.
There are many rehabs that deal with co-occurring and dual diagnosis disorder and they work to address each patients unique needs.
Not Sure If You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment is for anyone and can be used if you are in or out of the state of Alabama.
Our Treatment Centers
Rehabs That May Accept This Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.