Arkansas BCBS Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Does Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover Rehab?
Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of rehab. This will depend on your plan details and the level of care you need. Even if you have insurance coverage in Arkansas, you may still be covered to attend rehab in another state. Between 2008 and 2017, 12.78% of all deaths in Arkansas were a result of drug and alcohol misuse.1
If you are struggling with addiction, finding out exactly what Arkansas BCBS will and will not cover can give you peace of mind while you receive treatment.
What Addiction Programs Do Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover?
All metallic plans (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) cover mental health and substance use disorder services to some extent and refer to them as one of the ten essential health benefits.³ Depending on your plan, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Medical Detox – This is the process of getting rid of the harmful substances in your body. In a professional drug detox program, certain medications may be used to help manage cravings and side effects.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Patients will stay at the rehabilitation facility 24/7 and receive care from addiction treatment professionals. You may attend one-on-one or group therapy sessions to help in your recovery process.
- Outpatient Rehab Program – This is more flexible, as you will still be able to attend work or school while you receive treatment from a hospital, counselor, or rehab center. Your specific needs are taken into account and will influence the level of treatment intensity you will receive.
- Medications – Use of certain medications, like Suboxone, are sometimes used in the addiction treatment process. The aim of this is to help patients go through withdrawal and assist in the recovery process.
You may be required to travel outside the state of Arkansas to receive the best possible drug and alcohol treatment for you. Don’t let this deter you from getting the treatment you need.
Does Arkansas BCBS Cover Mental health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorder treatment such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment may be covered under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered. If a person has co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder, integrated treatment is the suggested course of care.
There are rehab centers available to help treat co-occurring disorder. Check your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas coverage to find out what you will and will not be covered for if you have co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder.
Not Sure If You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment is for those in or out of the State of Arkansas.
Our Treatment Centers
About Arkansas BCBS
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. Arkansas BCBS, founded in 1948, is a not-for-profit mutual insurance company under the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.2 Arkansas BCBS offers individual, family, and Medicare plans. These may include PPO, HMO, and POS plans. Plans may vary on the out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, premiums, and other variables.
- Help.org. Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab, Treatment & Recovery Resources in Arkansas.
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield. Company Overview.
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield. Essential Health Benefits.
Rehabs That May Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.