BCBS Oklahoma Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Cover Rehab?
BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) of Oklahoma may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug or alcohol rehab. This will depend on your plan details and the level of care you need. Even if you have insurance coverage in Oklahoma, you may still be covered to attend rehab in another state.
Sadly, from April 2020 to April 2021, there were 786 reported drug overdose deaths in Oklahoma.1 If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder, it is vital to seek help from a treatment facility or rehab program. Before you decide which addiction treatment program is right for you, it is important to find out your level of rehab coverage with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma. Keep in mind, coverage will always depend on your insurance plan and other variables.
What Addiction Treatment Does BCBSOK Cover?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma may be able to cover mental health and substance abuse services under their Behavioral Health Program.4 Depending on your plan, BCBS of Oklahoma may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detoxification – A professional drug detox program, also known as medically managed withdrawal, uses medications or other therapies to manage any potentially harmful side effects a person may experience as their body rids itself of a substance.
- Inpatient or Residential Rehab – Inpatient or residential treatment is ideal for those with more severe addictions who have been abusing a substance for a long period of time. A patient will receive 24-hour care and work to develop capabilities that allow them to remain in recovery after they have left the treatment center.
- Outpatient Rehab Treatment – Outpatient programs are less intensive than inpatient or residential programs but they still provide an appropriate treatment intensity to suit an individual’s needs and treatment goals. This form of treatment does not require you to stay overnight and can take place in multiple settings.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – An IOP allows individuals to continue their daily routine but still receive intensive treatment. This program is ideal for those who have a supportive home environment. Generally, individuals will go to a treatment facility three to four times a week and it offers a higher level of care than the standard outpatient program.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – Sometimes referred to as day treatment, PHPs have a similar treatment intensity and daily structure to an inpatient or residential program but they do not require a patient to stay overnight. Partial hospitalization may include family meetings, medical services, and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
Always check what your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma insurance plan will and will not cover for drug or alcohol rehab. In order for you to attend a treatment facility or program that meets your needs, you may find that you will have to leave the state of Oklahoma. This should not stop you from getting the care and support you need.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
BCBS of Oklahoma may cover co-occurring disorder treatment, such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
Integrated treatment aims to treat mental health conditions and substance use disorders (SUD) simultaneously and may be the appropriate treatment option if you have a co-occurring disorder (dual diagnosis). Check what you will and will not be covered for with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma if you have a co-occurring or dual diagnosis disorder.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result. This assessment can be used by anyone in or outside the state of Oklahoma.
Our Treatment Centers
About BCBS Oklahoma
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider that may cover rehab for drug and alcohol addiction depending on your plan and individual needs. BlueCross BlueShield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK), is a division of Health Care Service Corporation and serves over 700,000 members.2 BCBS of Oklahoma offers individual, family, Medicare, and Student Health Plans. Plans may vary on the out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, premiums, and other variables.3
Rehabs That May Accept This Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.