Premera BCBS Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Check your insurance coverage
With the form below, we will confirm what benefits are available under your specific plan. Your information is confidential and protected under HIPAA privacy rules.
Does Premera Blue Cross Cover Rehab Treatment?
The Premera Blue Cross (BCP) insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of drug or alcohol rehab treatment. This will depend on your plan details and the level of care you need. Even if you have insurance coverage in the state you live, you may still be covered to attend rehab in another state.
Premera serves individuals in Washington and Alaska.1 Sadly, both states have seen an increase in reported drug overdose deaths from April 2020 to April 2021.2 If you or someone close to you is struggling with substance abuse, it is vital to find out the level of coverage you have with BCP. This can help you to understand exactly what you will and will not be covered for in terms of inpatient or residential treatment, outpatient rehab or any other rehab programs.
Verify Premera Insurance Coverage
If you have Premera Blue Cross, there are two ways to verify your coverage for drug or alcohol rehab.
- Call us today at There, an admissions advisor can hear your story, walk you through your options, and verify your insurance over the phone.
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below.
About Premera Blue Cross
Premera Blue Cross (BCP) is a non-profit independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.1 Premera serves the Pacific Northwest, providing healthcare insurance to more than 2 million people for individuals, families, and employees in Alaska and Washington.1 BCP offers a variety of insurance plans (including Medicare), many of which may be able to cover at least some of the cost of substance abuse treatments.3,4,5
What Addiction Treatment Does Premera Blue Cross Insurance Cover?
BCP insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment and depending on your plan, may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox – Detoxification is a natural process where the body gets rid of a substance. In a professional program, medications and other interventions may be used to help manage any potentially harmful side effects of withdrawal.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Inpatient or residential treatment provides 24-hour care to individuals who are dependent on drugs or alcohol. A professional addiction treatment team will support individuals as they go through the recovery process.
- Outpatient Rehab or Therapy – A more flexible form of treatment, outpatient rehab allows individuals to continue with their daily responsibilities and attend counseling or therapy for a certain number of hours per week.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – Also known as day treatment, PHPs offer a higher level of care than a standard outpatient program. Group therapy, family meetings, medical services and medication management are some of the services offered in a partial hospitalization program.
In some cases, you may have to travel outside of Washington or Alaska to receive substance abuse treatment. This should not stop you from getting the care you need.
Does PBC Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Premera Blue Cross may cover dual diagnosis treatment, such as treatment of depression or anxiety as well as addiction treatment, under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may at least be partially covered.
Not Sure if You Need Rehab?
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder (SUD). The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Our Treatment Centers Near You
Rehabs That May Accept This Insurance
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety.
In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*Learn about our brand promise
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.