Colorado Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
Colorado is no stranger to substance abuse issues. Known for its majestic mountain views, this state is considered a part of the Western and Southwestern regions of the United States and has a population of over 5.7 million.1 In 2020, the Colorado Attorney General’s office reported over 43,000 citizens of Colorado were treated for substance use disorder the previous year.2
If you or a loved one are struggling with alcohol or drug use in the region, many rehab centers in Colorado may be able to offer information or treatment. In addition to rehabs in Colorado, American Addiction Centers’ nearby Desert Hope Treatment Facility in Nevada is fully prepared to be your entry point to recovery. Read on for information on treatment centers in Colorado, as well as our neighboring Desert Hope program, that may have the tools you need to reclaim your health and well-being.
Where is Treatment Located in Colorado?
According to the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are over 350 rehab facilities in Colorado, and many are located in more urban or populated areas like Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs are Fort Collins.4 For some, seeking treatment out-of-state in Nevada may offer a more private option. Desert Hope Treatment Center in Nevada is easily accessible from Colorado, as flights are quick and affordable.
AAC’s Desert Hope Treatment Center is conveniently located 10 minutes from McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV for all people struggling with substance use.
Desert Hope Treatment Center in Nevada
Desert Hope Treatment Center is a Joint Commission-accredited addiction treatment facility offering a medically supervised detox program, inpatient rehab center, outpatient care, and sober living residences. Located in Las Vegas, this rehab center offers a destination treatment center with comprehensive detox and inpatient rehab center programs to fit your personal needs.
During the COVID-19 (aka coronavirus) pandemic AAC is available to answer questions about addiction and treatment options. Our Nevada facility, Desert Hope Treatment Center, is open and accepting patients and has medical experts and a caring staff who will stand by you on your journey to recovery.
What is the Cost of Rehab in Colorado?
Treatment costs vary depending on the treatment center, client insurance, and the particular services needed, but most rehabs in Colorado and Nevada accept a form of private or state-funded insurance. America Addiction Centers’ Desert Hope Treatment Center accepts many private insurance plans through large companies such as Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield, TRICARE, United Healthcare, and more. If you or your loved one are uninsured, options like state-funded rehabs, private payments, or payment plans may offer solutions.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction and are concerned about the cost of treatment? Use our cost of addiction calculator to find out how much money addiction will cost you over your life time compared to the cost of going to rehab.
Do Rehab Centers in Colorado Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Colorado alcohol and drug addiction treatment centers treat all forms of substance use disorder, including drug and alcohol-related issues.
The most commonly treated substance use disorders in the U.S. are alcohol, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine/amphetamines, respectively, followed by opiates other than heroin.5 Some treatment centers in Colorado may focus on treating a specific type of substance use disorder or a certain population, but this usually isn’t the case. Treatment centers most often treat a wide range of populations and substance use disorders.
Other Ways to Get Help & Colorado Rehab Resources
There are multiple Colorado-based resources for those seeking support with substance abuse issues, including:6
- Colorado Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) chapters.
- Colorado Narcotics Anonymous (NA) chapters.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website.
- The Colorado Department of Human Services website.
Common Colorado Rehab & Addiction Statistics
In a 2018-2019 Colorado survey:7
- 8% of people over 12 reported opioid dependence or abuse in the past year.
- 0% of adolescents and 8.8% of adults reported having alcohol use disorder.
- 7% of adolescents and 5.0% of adults reported an illicit drug use disorder.
The Office of Behavioral Health in the Colorado Department of Human Services that, in 2018: 3
- 42,604 treatment admissions for substance use were initiated in Colorado.
- Alcohol maintained the highest number of treatment admissions.
- Over 42% of treatment admissions were for heroin and methamphetamine.
- Heroin treatment admissions increased by 89% from 2014-2018.
- Methamphetamine treatment admissions increased by 39%.
- Northwest Colorado saw a slight increase in Rx Opioids.
- South Central Colorado saw increases in all substance categories.
- Southwest Colorado had the most alcohol admissions at 430.1 per 100,000 people.
- Southeast Colorado had the highest number of cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine admissions in the state.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Colorado Rehabs
- US Census bureau. (2019). Quick Facts: Colorado.
- Colorado Office of Behavioral Health,(2020). Substance Use Disorders Treatment: Colorado Drug Trends.
- Colorado Attorney General (2021). Substance Abuse Trend and Response Task Force Annual Report.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Facility Locator.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). Treatment Episode Data Set, 2005-2015.
- Colorado Department of Human Services.(2021). Recovery Support Services.
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2021). Mental Health in Colorado.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2014). What is Substance Abuse Treatment? A Booklet for Families.
- Colorado Judicial Branch. (2021). Problem-Solving Courts.