Christian & Faith-Based Rehabs in Florida
Faith-based rehabs in Florida provide a structured and spiritual environment for those wishing to intertwine their religious aspirations and recovery-related goals. This article will explain what Christian and faith-based rehabs are, what types of Christian and faith-based rehab programs are available in Florida, the costs associated with Christian and faith-based rehab, and more.
Faith-based rehabs typically employ Christianity as their foundational religion.1,2 The primary goal of faith-based rehab is to promote change in substance abuse behaviors by reintroducing the connection between lifestyle choices and the moral and behavioral teachings of Christianity.1,2 Faith-based rehab is often provided by clergy people who serve as both educators and role models for people with substance abuse challenges.1,2
In faith-based rehab, the educators/role models are responsible for modeling behaviors that follow the code of behaviors that are both socially acceptable and desirable under the principles of Christianity.2 For some people, substance abuse develops as a coping mechanism in direct response to the experience of life crises or trauma.1 Identifying a higher power can be a powerful tool in recovery for some people with substance abuse challenges.1 For some people with substance abuse challenges, rehab programs that incorporate religion or spirituality may be preferred over traditional rehab programs.1,2
Ways to Get in Contact With Us
If you believe you or someone you love may be struggling with addiction, let us hear your story and help you determine a path to treatment.
There are a variety of confidential, free, and no obligation ways to get in contact with us to learn more about treatment.
- Call us at
- Fill in our online insurance verification form below to find out if your insurance provider may be able to cover the cost of treatment. Our admissions advisors may contact you thereafter to discuss your options.
Where Can I Find a Faith-Based Rehab in Florida?
There are many faith-based rehab options in Florida. Specifically, there are quite a few faith-based rehabs in the Panhandle area of Florida (e.g., Panama City), Northeast Florida (e.g., Jacksonville and St. Augustine), Central Florida (e.g., Orlando, Titusville), and South Florida (e.g., Miami, West Palm Beach).
American Addiction Centers offers faith-based rehabilitation tracks and spiritual service at each of our Florida rehabilitation centers, two of which are mentioned below.
What Faith-Based Services & Programs Are Available?
Faith-based rehab may include residential, outpatient, or both inpatient and outpatient services. Some of the professional, faith-based inpatient rehab programs available to you or your loved one in Florida are as follows, and are located in the following Floridian regions:
- Panhandle Area – Faith-Based Addiction Regeneration Ministry (FARM; Bonifay, Florida).
- Northeast Florida – Jacksonville Men’s Rehab (Jacksonville) and Augustine Recovery (St. Augustine, Florida).
- Central Florida – Fresh Start Ministries (Orlando, Florida), Christian Care Center (Leesburg, Florida), and Liberty Lodge Ministries (Titusville, Florida).
- South Florida – Faith Farm (Okeechobee, Florida), Beachway Therapy Center (West Palm Beach, Florida), and the Recovery Village (Miami, Florida).
These programs offer inpatient and outpatient faith-based services and are associated with a cost to you or your loved one. However, there are also many free, faith-based rehab outpatient resources available in Florida. Some of these outpatient resources include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) programs.
- Salvation Army.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Faith-Based and Community Initiatives Program.
- Struggle of Sin.
- Grace of God.
- Empowerment of Faith.
Who Is Faith-Based Rehab For?
Choosing faith-based rehab is a very personal decision. While this is a decision that can only be made by you or your loved one, there are some factors to consider when deciding whether faith-based rehab might be a better fit for you or your loved one. Some of these factors include:3
- Having strong religious or spiritual convictions.
- Having religious or spiritual beliefs that match the foundational religious and spiritual teachings of the chosen faith-based rehab.
- Having substance abuse challenges not including the abuse of heroin or opiates.
- Having strong social or family support.
If you’re wondering whether faith-based rehabilitation may be the right choice for you, speak with one of our admissions navigators today by calling We’ll help you understand your payment options and treatment options, as well as your next best steps.
How Much Do Faith-Based & Christian Rehabs in Florida Cost?
There is no set cost for faith-based and Christian rehabs in Florida since the fees depend on many factors. Some of these factors include the type of services received and the length of treatment. Christian rehabs and faith-based treatment centers accept various types of payment methods, and there are even some free rehab programs in Florida. To understand whether your insurance benefits may cover a faith-based rehab program, enter your insurance information in the form below. An American Addiction Centers admissions navigator will reach out to your insurance company on your behalf to gather information regarding your coverage. We frequently accept many of the big name insurance providers at our facilities like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Humana, New Directions, United Healthcare, and more.
Find Drug and Detox Treatment Centers Near You
- Sremac, S. (2018). Trauma, Substance dependence and religious coping: A narrative spiritual appraisal in faith-based recovery programs. Journal of Empirical Theology, 31(1), 112 – 135.
- Igujatovic, V., Vajagic, V., & Nikolasevic, Z. (2019). Is it possible to change the psychopathic traits of substance abusers treated in faith-based therapeutic communities – Does the length of treatment matter? Vajnosant Pregl, 76(9), 869 – 874.
- Bojorquez, I., Rodriguez, D., Odgers, O., & Jaimes, R. (2018). Factors associated with retention in faith-based drug treatment centers in the Mexican-American border. Salud Mental, 41(4), 169 – 177.