Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment in Jacksonville, Florida
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
With a population of over 950,000 people, Jacksonville ranks as the 14th most populous city in the country.1,2
Unfortunately, some of those 950,000 individuals struggle with drug and alcohol misuse. In 2020, 801 individuals in Jacksonville died because of prescription drug misuse.3 Additionally, that same year, 588 Jacksonville residents died as a result of fentanyl use.3
Yet, with proper treatment at a rehab in Jacksonville, Florida, a person can overcome addiction and find lasting recovery.
Where Is Addiction Treatment Located in Jacksonville?
There are lots of addiction treatment options for alcohol or drug rehab in Jacksonville. Florida reported 712 substance misuse treatment facilities in 2020.4 For those seeking treatment, there are many types of rehab centers in Jacksonville and within 25 miles of the city, which include:5
- Six substance use treatment centers less than 5 miles from the city’s center.
- Six facilities that offer detoxification services—all less than 25 miles from Jacksonville.
- Sixteen outpatient treatment centers less than 10 miles from the city center.
- Fourteen rehabs providing co-occurring mental health disorder treatment for individuals diagnosed with a substance use and mental health disorder.
Sometimes, however, it can be beneficial to leave your environment for treatment. Traveling for treatment means potentially removing triggers associated with substance use and giving yourself a fresh start.
River Oaks Treatment Center, situated on 26 secluded acres, is less than 4 hours away from Jacksonville. Individuals receive quality care in a nurturing environment. Accredited by the Joint Commission for Behavioral Health Care, the River Oaks Treatment Center provides medical drug detox, inpatient rehab, and partial hospitalization, a form of outpatient care.
Call us at to learn more.
What Is the Cost of Rehab in Jacksonville?
The cost of rehab in Jacksonville varies, depending on several factors, including:
- The type of treatment you receive. Inpatient treatment with 24/7 care costs more than an outpatient program, for instance.
- The location of the facility. Treatment centers located in places with a higher cost of living tend to be more expensive.
- The length of stay. The duration of treatment varies for everyone, and the best treatment outcomes occur when individuals remain in treatment for the entire time. Obviously, longer stays cost more.
- The services provided. Integrated treatment for co-occurring substance and mental health disorders may impact the cost. Needing medical detox prior to starting a more comprehensive treatment plan may impact the cost as well.
- Amenities offered. Facilities that also provide recreational activities, gourmet food, or yoga and meditation services may cost more.
No matter what your financial situation may be, there is a treatment facility that can help you recover. It’s important to understand your options.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Rehab in Jacksonville?
Substance misuse treatment is considered an essential health benefit by the Affordable Care Act.6 This means that plans in the Marketplace, the government’s portal to find health insurance, cover mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment, counseling, psychotherapy, and more. Additionally, Marketplace plans cover pre-existing mental and behavioral health conditions and can’t issue yearly or lifetime limits on coverage of these essential health benefits.6
In Florida, many substance use treatment facilities accept a variety of payment methods, including:4
- Private health insurance, which was accepted at 542 facilities in 2020.
- Medicare, which was taken by 221 treatment centers that year.
- Medicaid, which was accepted at 309 substance use treatment centers in 2020.
- State-financed health insurance (other than Medicaid), which was taken by 212 facilities.
River Oaks Treatment Center accepts many types of private insurance. See if yours is in-network.
Are There Free Rehab Centers in Jacksonville?
For individuals without insurance or the ability to pay for treatment, there are some free (or low-cost) and state-funded options available to individuals in Florida and Jacksonville. Some of these options include:4
- Sliding fee scale. There are 423 facilities that offer the sliding fee scale, meaning individuals pay based on their income, in Florida.
- Free or minimal payment for services. In 2020, Florida reported that 244 substance use treatment centers provided treatment for individuals who didn’t have the ability to pay.
Do Rehab Centers in Jacksonville Treat Alcohol and Drug Addiction?
Some common substances for which individuals in Jacksonville seek treatment include:7
In Florida, in 2020, 194 facilities offered detoxification services for substances, including:8
- Opioids, which was provided at 192 of the facilities.
- Alcohol, which was offered at 160 treatment centers.
- Benzodiazepines, which was provided at 157 rehabs.
- Cocaine, which was offered at 141 facilities.
- Methamphetamines, which was provided by 145 treatment centers.
Beyond detoxification services, various facilities in Jacksonville offer different levels of treatment, which looks different for every individual but, in Jacksonville, may include:9-11
- Detox. Medically managed detoxification provides individuals with medical and clinical assistance while the person experiences withdrawal and the body rids itself of substances safely and as comfortably as possible. Detox is often the first step in a more comprehensive treatment plan as detox alone is generally not enough to sustain lasting recovery.
- Inpatient rehab treatment programs. In an inpatient program, the individual lives at the facility for the duration of treatment, which may include individual and group counseling and behavioral therapies to help them identify the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that led to the substance use in the first place and learn the tools to help them live substance-free.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). PHPs provide a high degree of therapeutic treatment, but the individual returns home or to a sober living environment at the end of each day.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). During IOPs, individuals attend regularly scheduled therapy sessions onsite several hours each week.
- Outpatient treatment programs. In traditional outpatient programs, individuals attend therapy sessions and counseling onsite or via telehealth about once a week.
Other Addiction Treatment Resources in Jacksonville
Additional support exists for individuals in in need of substance misuse help or for those in recovery. In Jacksonville, mutual-help groups offer peer support to help individuals decrease or stop their drug or alcohol use.12 Some of these organizations in and around Jacksonville include:
- The Northeast Florida chapters of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), which can be especially helpful to individuals at risk of relapse.
- Dual Diagnosis Anonymous (DDA), which offers a fellowship of individuals, who share their experiences of living with a substance use and mental health disorder, with peers.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness NAMI Jacksonville, which advocates to help individuals with mental illness, their families, friends, service providers, and caregivers. They also offer support services and free educational programs.